This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedmami

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I just got accepted to the MBS program for Rutgers in NJ and for Nova Southeastern in FL for the winter 2021 semester. My stats are 3.1 cgpa, 2.4 sgpa, 497 mcat (126/123/124/134). I live in New York but due to corona virus I don’t think either school require relocating. Either way, both schools have pros and cons. Nova has a mandatory test prep for mcat class, professionalism and interview skills class and physics 2 as an elective (which I am missing and must take). However they have no research opportunities. They require a 3.5 gpa and a 503 mcat score. Rutgers on the other hand has a mandatory research class and doesn’t offer physics 2 as an elective which means I would have to find the time to take it in between studying for the other classes. They require a 3.6 and 508 (specifically 127 in each section). But Rutgers medical school is well known and I would love to attend medical school close to New York. Any advice on where I should go? And many thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Rutgers has a much stronger reputation as a medical school, therefore I would perceive its SMP grads as stronger over Nova which has a problematic reputation. Additionally, wanting to stay in New York, the "local" knowledge of medical admissions of a nearby school such as Rutgers would help

I was looking for information about if I wanted to stay in New York for med school should I go to a nearby school. I finally have my answer. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I just got accepted to the MBS program for Rutgers in NJ and for Nova Southeastern in FL for the winter 2021 semester. My stats are 3.1 cgpa, 2.4 sgpa, 497 mcat (126/123/124/134). I live in New York but due to corona virus I don’t think either school require relocating. Either way, both schools have pros and cons. Nova has a mandatory test prep for mcat class, professionalism and interview skills class and physics 2 as an elective (which I am missing and must take). However they have no research opportunities. They require a 3.5 gpa and a 503 mcat score. Rutgers on the other hand has a mandatory research class and doesn’t offer physics 2 as an elective which means I would have to find the time to take it in between studying for the other classes. They require a 3.6 and 508 (specifically 127 in each section). But Rutgers medical school is well known and I would love to attend medical school close to New York. Any advice on where I should go? And many thanks in advance.
I am in the dental program and it is going well! One of my colleagues got accepted into med school from completing the Rutgers program. I’d say choose it! The professors are so kind

Reactions: 1 user
Hey thanks so much for replying! I ultimately decided on going to Nova. I spoke to admissions official at PCOM (won’t say who but happens to be a longtime friend) and he said and I quote “I do not give a **** where you go to school. Get good grades in your masters program and you will get in to medical school regardless if you studied in the state you want to go in. So go where you will be most happiest.” I am most happiest when the sun is in my face and I am able to take long walks on the beach. So I chose nova.
how is the NSU MBS program so far?

Reactions: 1 users
how is the NSU MBS program so far?
Yea can you let us know how its going so far and if you heard any guarantees from faculty/advisors. I recently got accepted for the Fall 2021 entering class but i do not know if i want to go with a masters or if i want to go ahead and start medical school at RUSM this Summer 2020 semester.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea can you let us know how its going so far and if you heard any guarantees from faculty/advisors. I recently got accepted for the Fall 2021 entering class but i do not know if i want to go with a masters or if i want to go ahead and start medical school at RUSM this Summer 2020 semester.
Hi, which one did you decide to do ? Masters program or Medical School?

how is the program