RVU-COM class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carp56

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for anyone that knows they will be going to Parker next July.

Post where you will be moving from. Maybe get some road trips together for the pre-matriculation visits.

El Paso, TX

Members don't see this ad.

Moving from Austin, TX. I'll be up there sometime in the spring looking at housing.

Moving from Austin, TX. I'll be up there sometime in the spring looking at housing.

While I am not a student here, I live 2 miles away. If you need any help, or have questions, let me know...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks SBB. I'm sure I'll have a million questions. I have a few good friends in CO and I'm frustrating them with questions like, "What kind of shoes do you wear in the winter?", "Do I need a 4WD vehicle?" (No) and so forth.

I'm interested in rooming with another OMS-I, if any of you fine folks are up for it. I figure having a roommate that's in the same class year will help keep me sane and on track with school work instead of being tempted to go ski or be lazy and lounge around the apartment.

Thanks SBB. I'm sure I'll have a million questions. I have a few good friends in CO and I'm frustrating them with questions like, "What kind of shoes do you wear in the winter?", "Do I need a 4WD vehicle?" (No) and so forth.

I'm interested in rooming with another OMS-I, if any of you fine folks are up for it. I figure having a roommate that's in the same class year will help keep me sane and on track with school work instead of being tempted to go ski or be lazy and lounge around the apartment.

I think there is a housing link posted in the pre-osteo thread. As far as shoes ;) it is fairly mild here most of the winter, and if you have one pair of winter boots that have goretex or some other real waterproofing you'll be fine when it does snow. As for the rest, regular shoes will be fine. The average high in Jan is 50, it's not like Minnesota (where I'm from) :)

I've put down my deposit for this school, and unless I get pulled off the waitlist at my top choice, this is where I'll be! :)

Well everyone, you have a new member to your class... It's a crazy story, but I'll be attending RVU next year :D :D :D

Do we have a FB page?

Joined. I'm so excited, I want to move right now.

You can come visit and we can go skiing/snowboarding... I'll let you use my husbands pass... I have nothing to do... :p

Julie in admin said they want me to start shadowing at the clinic to occupy my time...

Members don't see this ad :)
You can come visit and we can go skiing/snowboarding... I'll let you use my husbands pass... I have nothing to do... :p

Julie in admin said they want me to start shadowing at the clinic to occupy my time...

Deal. Although I probably won't be up there again until the spring to look at apartments.

Deal. Although I probably won't be up there again until the spring to look at apartments.

Look at the Broadstone Cornerstar apartments, they're super nice...

I'll keep my eyes open for some of the other apartment complexes...

Spring is so far away!!

Join mine... ;) bwahahaha

haha...sorry i didn't mean to step on any toes...i'm not great at checking this forum/posting and when I got on and saw a bunch of talk about fb, I remembered seeing a group already created

Hehe, its no big deal and you didn't... I was kind of joking... ;)

anyone know when would be a good time to send in our transcripts?

Then I will send them after the new year!

Hello everyone! I'm currently a 4th year at RVU. I own a house 1 mile from the school. It is in the Dove Ridge allotment. Many other students rent/own houses in the neighborhood. You can walk to school if you wanted. It is a 3 bedroom home (1900 sq ft), 2 and half bathrooms. Nice sized backyard with deck. I will be leaving the house partially furnished with 2 sets of couches, coffee table, end table and kitchen table. I will be leaving for residency in June and looking to rent the house around mid July. I don't have any pictures as of yet but can get them soon. I'm just trying to get the word out there right now. Rent will be around 1800/month plus utilities but will negotiate if willing to sign a longer lease. 1 year lease minimum. Will accept 3 individual students or a family.
It is a very nice/newer home in Parker. If you have any questions please message me.

No, I'm not sure its been released yet.

If you look at the right hand column of the RVU website there is link at the bottom to the 2011-2012 student handbook. There is some good information in there about the school.

Hey Everyone,

I'm interviewing tomorrow at RVUCOM and was hoping I could get some advice/suggestions from past interviewers and/or current students.

Thanks

It took them a while last year. I think they re-evaluate every year to see if some classes require more time. If you ask the registrars office, they should be able to give you a reasonable estimate. (at least thats what I did last year)