Saba Vs. St. Eustatius

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markglt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Who has better clinicals. I heard thru the grapevine that Saba students are transferring to USE b/c all their aff. hospitals are green book status. Its a fairly new school, but seems to be making some solid strides. Thanx

-Mark, USE MSI May2004

Members don't see this ad.

From what I understand, Saba has better preparations for the USMLE, but USE has better clinicals. That is just what I heard, not sure if it is 100% accurate!

I don't know about St.Eustatius clinicals, but when I was at Saba (98-2001), everyone I knew had no problems getting green book clinicals without any wait at all. Some people had to move 2-3 times though.

And as far as rumors go..........don't believe them. There is some sort of animosity among the faculty at St.Eustatius as they feel they were cheated (many of them took a risk to go to Saba when it was starting, and once it was successful they didn't get a piece of the pie). Because of this, there is alot of rumor spreading and bad mouthing of Saba by St.Eustatius.

I think Saba is a good choice. The only other schools I would have considered if I was to do it all over again would be St.George's, Ross and possibly AUC.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did all of my clinicals from St. E at one hospital. This was very convienent and allowed me to concentrate more on learning medicine than new cities. Everyone at St E is very professional and helpful and I actually matched where I wanted in the specialty I wanted( U of Michigan, PM&R).

Ive also heard nice things about Saba preparing you for the Boards but I was alarmed when one alum told me they actually teach from 1st Aid for step 1(he didnt seem to like Saba much so this might not be true).

Good Luck.

i just got into saba (acceptance), I was wondering what the school is like. Sure it is my backup but if I am to go there at least i want to be assured that i will have a good time there.

Thanks