SABA.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molar2375

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone give me info on saba - where is it, safety issues, disease concerns, cost, size of classes, living conditions, teachers, etc. etc. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I am...I have a friend that is looking at SABA...anyways why the hell are YOU replying if you have no damn advice??

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by molar2375:
I am...I have a friend that is looking at SABA...anyways why the hell are YOU replying if you have no damn advice??

You're getting pretty wound up about a "friend's" inquiry.

Seriously, don't waste your time/money on a beach school. They exist just to make a buck and most of their students end up deeply in debt sans degree. If you've been rejected by US schools, improve your stats, grades, ECs, whatever, and apply again.

oh well see- i tried helping simseema before with an inquiry and she was outright rude...it's in the predental forum - anyways i have no time for her or her sh+t -- as for SABA - i do actually have a friend who is considering it - thank you for your advice though

Why isn't your friend writing posts if she's so concerned about SABA? Just wondering...I'm not trying to start another fight...I have heard from med students that SABA is a legit school, but it's just better to stay in the country if possible...

------------------

Thanks...but she has a LOW and I mean LOW gpa so there really is no way of getting in here...I've told her about dentistry but she has no interest...oh well
smile.gif

Thanks...but she has a LOW and I mean LOW gpa so there really is no way of getting in here...I've told her about dentistry but she has no interest...oh well
smile.gif

simseema i was just wondering what dental schools have you applied to??? I've applied to NYU, OU, Indiana, UOP, all the ones in Pennsylvlania, columbia, and about 6 others..

[This message has been edited by molar2375 (edited 12-04-2000).]

I always think it's interesting when people say caribbean schools must be bad because they're trying to make money, hmm last time I checked the United States was a capitalist economy. Granted many caribbean schools suck, and I wouldn't waste my money going there, but schools like SGU, Saba, AUC, and Ross are all good medical schools. As far as $$ motives go, if that makes something bad then I wouldn't trust half the doctors in the country.

Excellent point you make Floyd. However, I feel that there is an even more pertinent issue facing those considering Carribean Med schools. Do Carribean Med school grads that are US citizens face discrimination in the US. What I mean is if one graduates from Saba, for instance, has stong USMLE scores and strong grades will that person still have trouble getting a residency of his or her choice. Will the more prestigous or successful medical groups not interview someone simply beacause they have matriculated from a Carribean Medical school?