Saba

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haley65

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any positive or negative thoughts about Saba? I am thinking of applying there. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

saba seems to be the next up-and-comer in the carib. i have met a few folks via these boards that go there, and they seem happy. it's match list is good, especially considering that it is a new school.

i still think it is wiser to stay with the big 3 (ross, auc, st. georges) as they have been around a bit longer, they are approved in all 50 states, stafford loans, etc...but, just from my limited experience, i would place saba at the top of the second tier for a carib-style education.

good luck1

I have been accepted to Sept. 2004 class at both Ross and Saba. And I am leaning toward going to SABA because although it is a pretty new school they have 100% clinical rotaitons and very good residency placements so far. Plus it is very cheap compared to either Ross/AUC/St. Georges. So far from what i've gathered the students that went there were happy with their decisions. recently they have been approved by NY for both unlimited cliniclal rotation and residncy.....which is a big plus for this university........so i m p[retty sure they'll get Cal approval soon....unless u r truly set on going to California for practice ...i think u should consider Saba seriously. Or atleast apply and decide later..when the time comes on choosing a school. Saba takes in ~40-45 students pers emester while St. Georges/Ross takes in ~300/semserter. I don't want to relive my undergrad years with big lecture classes....and it was another factor that made me choose Saba over Ross. So i guess it depends on u and ur likings. Hope this helps some what. Just my 2 cents on this issue: is just apply to Ross, St. Georges and Saba and later pick one from the list that u feel is suitable for u. Hope this helps somewhat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Saba is having problems placing its servants in rotations and many are taking them to a judge to speak the truth about them...yowp yowp! Many have transfered into other schools clinicals while joining many others in their complaint. They were told they would have to wait a full year and one moon to get into a hospital after passing their Big Test. See, I told you master was trixy!!

Be careful Gollum says...be careful. One of their bad people (lawyer) accidentally emailed the students wanting the Masters to gets rid of them. They were very trixy but Mordor will fall I tell you. They lied to me. They lied to meeeeeeeeee!!!

You be careful now....Saba not good for being good to Gollum or anyone.

I don't understand exactly what you are trying to say. Please explain. Thank you.

I did read the post about the students transferring out of Saba because of clinical problems, but I was under the impression that Saba had almost 100% clinical placement in the US. I am not interested in CA or TX so that is not a problem. Does anyone know if this did actually happen or just a rumor? Thanks!