Sackler 2015-2016 entrance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted731525

Didnt see anybody make this thread for this year so I figured why not me.

For anybody who interviewed did your interviewer say when decisions would be sent out? I forgot to ask, the website says march but according to last year's thread some were sent out in January.

Members don't see this ad.

Didnt see anybody make this thread for this year so I figured why not me.

For anybody who interviewed did your interviewer say when decisions would be sent out? I forgot to ask, the website says march but according to last year's thread some were sent out in January.
Last year people did get notified before March, though I'm not sure about this year.
I'm a first year student at Sackler, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

I only plan on applying once I get my MCAT score (taking the test next month)... They say the deadline is May, but how late do you think it is to apply at the end of February when I get the grade back?

I applied last year with a low old MCAT score that I didn't do well on, so attempting to improve it enough and hopefully hear better news this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only plan on applying once I get my MCAT score (taking the test next month)... They say the deadline is May, but how late do you think it is to apply at the end of February when I get the grade back?

I applied last year with a low old MCAT score that I didn't do well on, so attempting to improve it enough and hopefully hear better news this year.
Based on previous year's threads I don't think that's too late, but they did start filling the class a little earlier last year. Still as long as you apply asap after getting the score I don't think that would hurt you. Out of curiosity did you get an interview last year?

Based on previous year's threads I don't think that's too late, but they did start filling the class a little earlier last year. Still as long as you apply asap after getting the score I don't think that would hurt you. Out of curiosity did you get an interview last year?
Did not, but my score didn't deserve one honestly. I freaked out on test day, didn't do enough practice, even ran out of time early on verbal. I applied just to see what would happen, but this time around it's way different so I'm hoping for a better go at it this year.

Did not, but my score didn't deserve one honestly. I freaked out on test day, didn't do enough practice, even ran out of time early on verbal. I applied just to see what would happen, but this time around it's way different so I'm hoping for a better go at it this year.

Well best of luck. The good news is, the vibe I got from the interview is that this school places a high value on people who can make adjustments after facing adversity, so if you do well this time around it might play into your favor.

I have some questions about filling out the Sackler application. Is there a specific forum that answers these questions? For the "summary of college courses" section, do I list my classes in order from new to old or old to new? For Term do I write S1/S2 or fall/spring? I'm sure other people have had these questions, but I can't find any relevant information and would appreciate some help. Thanks!

I dont think it matters. Im pretty sure I went in chronological order(earliest classes first) and used "Fall 2011" as my format for semester. I really dont think they will nitpick about things like that so just do whatever is easier/more intuitive for you.

Has anyone been invited to interview yet for Sackler class of 2020? If so, when did you apply?

Has anyone been invited to interview yet for Sackler class of 2020? If so, when did you apply?
My application wasn't complete here until early December. I think I received an II about a week after.

got rejected today :/

high gpa but mcat is on the low side

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted an application last year.. called and they said they still haven't reviewed the application yet..

Anyone hear anything back?! for the 2020 cycle

submitted an application last year.. called and they said they still haven't reviewed the application yet..

Anyone hear anything back?! for the 2020 cycle

By hear back do you mean II or acceptance/rejection/wait list. I interviewed in December but havent received a decision yet. Their website says March for decisions but in the last few years some people have received them a bit earlier.

Any interview invites lately? #fingerscrossed

They interview pretty late into the season, so I am sure there have been lots of IIs, and there are still plenty more that will go out. Anybody get accepted/wait listed/rejected yet?

What are your all thoughts on this. I interviewed in December. A week ago Sackler called me and asked, "are you planning on retaking the mcat?" They wouldn't tell me why, they just wanted to know that. That's it. Is that bad? I got a 27 MCAT and a 3.78 GPA

What are your all thoughts on this. I interviewed in December. A week ago Sackler called me and asked, "are you planning on retaking the mcat?" They wouldn't tell me why, they just wanted to know that. That's it. Is that bad? I got a 27 MCAT and a 3.78 GPA
The low MCAT is probably making them second guess - or on the flip side, they may think that if you are taking the MCAT again for a higher score you may jump ship on them and apply to US schools(as you should if you by chance are an american citizen).

That is a bit strange. My gut tells me its because they feel the mcat is low but everything else is good.

Hmmmm strange, at the end of the day only they know. I do know when I was complete in Septemeber, I got an II the next day. We'll see. I remember I just told them, "I have no plans on retaking the MCAT, since this would postpone me attending school by a year. However; since Sackler is my number one choice I would if they wanted me to." Seemed safe.

Hmmmm strange, at the end of the day only they know. I do know when I was complete in Septemeber, I got an II the next day. We'll see. I remember I just told them, "I have no plans on retaking the MCAT, since this would postpone me attending school by a year. However; since Sackler is my number one choice I would if they wanted me to." Seemed safe.

Yea thats the first time I heard of a school calling a candidate to ask that question. You would think they would have brought it up at the interview. When they called did they give any time frame on hearing back?

Anyone hear back yet(preferably with good news)? I heard there was an adcom meeting this past week.

What is the interview day like?

Very low stress for me. Their NY office is nice and you watch a short video and eat/drink the refreshments they have laid out for you while you wait for your interview. The actual interview was a low stress 20-40 minute conversation basically. I think they want to see that you will handle being in Israel, so keep that in mind. There is no tour(unless you do the interview in Israel) so you are in and out much quicker than a normal med school interview.

Just received my acceptance letter via fedex!

Reactions: 1 user
Very low stress for me. Their NY office is nice and you watch a short video and eat/drink the refreshments they have laid out for you while you wait for your interview. The actual interview was a low stress 20-40 minute conversation basically. I think they want to see that you will handle being in Israel, so keep that in mind. There is no tour(unless you do the interview in Israel) so you are in and out much quicker than a normal med school interview.
Thank you

Can any current Sackler students comment on the waitlist? I am currently waitlisted - how likely is it that I will get a spot? How many people are usually on the waitlist?

A friend of mine just told me they received an email from admissions asking for an updated transcript.
Has this happened to anyone else?