Samuel Merritt University DPT 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, did anyone ever figure out if two people could be assigned to the same number on the waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me either. I’m not sure how many people accepted their offer. What number are you guys on? If you don’t mind me asking.
 
Me either. I’m not sure how many people accepted their offer. What number are you guys on? If you don’t mind me asking.
We currently have 15 members in our accepted students facebook group. I am sure there are a few more out there who do not know about the group or do not use facebook.

Do not give up! I believe the class size for this cohort is again 50, so there are still a good amount of seats to fill. I hope you all hear back from Kasie soon.

To all who already have been accepted and not in the group, DM me and I will add you 🙂
 
No!!! ☹️ I’m sorry for getting everyone’s hopes up haha. I double checked my email and Kasie did say “I will send out waitlist updates this week.” I’m assuming if we don’t hear back today, we will hear back next week.
So i haven’t heard anything yet either 🥲. Who knew waiting would be the hardest part 🤪
 
DUDE YOU'RE TELLING ME. I've never in my life checked my phone and email so much. I panic anytime I see a 510 area code it's like torture. It's a mind game of not letting myself think that my whole life depends on this decision
 
Hang in there everyone! It’s tough but I’ve been distracting myself with exercise and just about anything else.. keep busy, have faith, & breathe! 🤍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got an email in December saying I was 11.0 out of 160 on the waitlist and haven’t heard anything since. I’m not quite sure what this all means, but I’ve accepted my offer of admission to UCSF so I’ll be giving up my seat. Best of luck to you all!
 
hmm this is interesting, it looks like several people on this thread got an email saying they were 11/160. When I emailed her at the beginning of February I asked her whether two or more students could be assigned to the same waitlist number and she clarified with me that students would not be sharing a waitlist number. So if you were assigned 11 and are still interested in their program, it might be a good idea to chat with Kasie.
 
hmm this is interesting, it looks like several people on this thread got an email saying they were 11/160. When I emailed her at the beginning of February I asked her whether two or more students could be assigned to the same waitlist number and she clarified with me that students would not be sharing a waitlist number. So if you were assigned 11 and are still interested in their program, it might be a good idea to chat with Kasie.
Yeah, its pretty weird. I don't really know how to bring that up to Kasie lol.
 
I just received an email saying there has been little to no movement and that my waitlist position hasnt changed... anyone else get the same email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received an email saying there has been little to no movement and that my waitlist position hasnt changed... anyone else get the same email?
Yeah I got the same thing. It’s just weird cause I know four people on here said they gave up their spot. So not sure how I’m the same number.
 
Just got the same email! I was confused too since i hadn’t changed in position either, especially since the total number of waitlisted decreased by 10. The only thing I could think of was only people below my waitlist number withdrew. Did everyone else see that it changed to 150 instead of 160?
 
I'm just genuinely confused how people were rejecting their seat and there was still no movement in the waitlist? Plus several people have the same waitlist number which is really odd? Idk something doesn't seem right lol.
 
I'm just genuinely confused how people were rejecting their seat and there was still no movement in the waitlist? Plus several people have the same waitlist number which is really odd? Idk something doesn't seem right lol.
I agree, this is a tad weird and I am trying to make sense of it all too..