Samuel Merritt University DPT 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 415

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just want to start a thread for for SMU and see how many of you applied there. Kasie said we should hear back in mid-December, so I am guessing in about two more weeks!

Feel free to post stats :) Gl everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone,

Did anyone attend the on-campus DPT Interactive Information Session?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone,

Did anyone attend the on-campus DPT Interactive Information Session?
I attended one last year and the virtual one in September but not the one in July

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for starting this thread! I attended the on-campus session last year as well but that's it. I had a friend that got in last year and says she received the admissions call Dec 17th. The wait is almost over. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone attend the Q&A meeting today? I was at work and not able to join.

Hey all,

Attended today's call and Kasey said she would start making admissions calls tomorrow. So best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all,

Attended today's call and Kasey said she would start making admissions calls tomorrow. So best of luck everyone!
Thanks for the heads up! Good luck everyone tomorrow :) Keep us all posted and be sure to post here if you get the call!

Last edited:
Hey all,

Yes, thank you for the heads up and good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know what the living costs are like in Oakland :3
I have a couple of friends in the DPT program at SMU and they say that the cost of living is similar to what I have experienced in San Jose(45 min south of Oakland), where I live. For a single bedroom in a multi-bedroom home or apartment, you're looking at about $1,000-$1,200/ month.

Who else is just staring at their phone waiting for the call from Kasie? o_O So nerve wracking...

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a couple of friends in the DPT program at SMU and they say that the cost of living is similar to what I have experienced in San Jose(45 min south of Oakland), where I live. For a single bedroom in a multi-bedroom home or apartment, you're looking at about $1,000-$1,200/ month.
sigh.. so not cheap :(
thanks for the info

Welp... doesn't seem like it will be today. Hopefully tomorrow!

• Care
Kasie called 15 minutes ago. Just got accepted y'all! An official email will come Monday.

Thank you! Most likely because I live 30 mins away and it was also my first choice.

Thank you! Most likely because I live 30 mins away and it was also my first choice.
Congratulations on your acceptance! If you don't mind what are your stats? I'm sure we're all quite curious. If it's too personal don't feel obligated to!

I got my call 2 hours ago!! So excited!!!

Congratulations on your acceptance! If you don't mind what are your stats? I'm sure we're all quite curious. If it's too personal don't feel obligated to!
Last 60-semester units GPA: 3.8
Prereq GPA: 4.00
Outpatient hours: 1500
Inpatient hours: 40

Hey guys! I also got a phone call today with an acceptance!!!

Here's my stats:
Last 60 units: 3.8-3.9 ish
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
Outpatient: 150
Inpatient: 80 hours
(I gathered my hours in about 4 different settings which I think helped set me apart.)

Hang in there, I wish you all the best of luck. :)

Hi all,

Kasie called me 15 minutes ago informing me of my admission. Don’t give up! Good luck everyone.

• Care
Just got my acceptance call 🥳

Reactions: 2 users
I got a call yesterday, with an acceptance. I was kind of surprised that they don’t do interviews.

So happy I can finally write this but I got the call from Kasie around 6pm today with an official email coming Tuesday! :) Don't lose hope everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
May I ask what the stats are for everyone who got a call Friday?

I just received an email about my position on the waitlist (#102/160).

My waitlist # from the ‘20 admissions cycle was #27

Last edited:
Feeling a little bummed because I‘m #75 on the wait list ):

But congrats to everyone that got accepted!!

Hi everyone,

just received an email today that im 33/106 on the waitlist. Does anyone know how much the waitlist actually moves?

May I ask what the stats are for everyone who got a call Friday?

I just received an email about my position on the waitlist (#102/160).

My waitlist # from the ‘20 admissions cycle was #27
Do you know how far down the waitlist they got last cycle?

Hi everyone,

just received an email today that im 33/106 on the waitlist. Does anyone know how much the waitlist actually moves?
Hi! I’m 11th on the waitlist, looking at other threads from previous years, it seems to vary a ton year by year

Hi! I’m 11th on the waitlist, looking at other threads from previous years, it seems to vary a ton year by year
I’m also 11th on the waitlist. Wondering it’s possible to be on the same waitlist number..?

Mine says, “Your current waitlist number is 11.0 of 160.” Not sure if it was typo and meant to be 110? 😩

Mine says, “Your current waitlist number is 11.0 of 160.” Not sure if it was typo and meant to be 110? 😩

Send them an email (or call) asking for clarification. If it is a typo, then they will most likely set you straight, if it isn’t, at least you know for sure. Surely they don’t want anyone worrying more than is necessary. They must know how important this is for applicants.

Send them an email (or call) asking for clarification. If it is a typo, then they will most likely set you straight, if it isn’t, at least you know for sure. Surely they don’t want anyone worrying more than is necessary. They must know how important this is for applicants.
Ahh now I’m wondering if they assigned multiple people to the same number on the waitlist :/

Happy holidays everyone! For anyone who was accepted and already paid their deposit, message me your Facebook profile and I will add you to the accepted students group.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my call last Friday at 12:20pm! Good luck everyone