San Diego Humane Society DVM Externship

Started by Monty0526
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Monty0526

MSU CVM c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

Has anyone done the SD Humane Society externship? I am interested in doing it as I did not get into my only rotation for spay and neuter surgery [emoji30]

If anyone has done this during their 4th year of vet school would you mind sharing your thoughts and if it’s worth it?
 
I don’t have any thoughts on SD, but does ASPCA Spay Neuter Alliance in Asheville NC have any openings still that would work with your schedule? Also if you’re MSU Michigan State not Mississippi (I mean, or even if you’re Mississippi and want to travel to Michigan 😂), you could contact the humane society of huron valley in Ann arbor! I know they’ve done externships in the past
 
I don’t have any thoughts on SD, but does ASPCA Spay Neuter Alliance in Asheville NC have any openings still that would work with your schedule? Also if you’re MSU Michigan State not Mississippi (I mean, or even if you’re Mississippi and want to travel to Michigan [emoji23]), you could contact the humane society of huron valley in Ann arbor! I know they’ve done externships in the past

I am doing the ASPCA in Asheville! But I wanted to do one more spay and neuter rotation [emoji23]

Yes, Michigan State! Oh ok I will look them up! I just want to get as much surgical experience as I can before I graduate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad