San Diego Humane Society DVM Externship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monty0526

MSU CVM c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Has anyone done the SD Humane Society externship? I am interested in doing it as I did not get into my only rotation for spay and neuter surgery

If anyone has done this during their 4th year of vet school would you mind sharing your thoughts and if it’s worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t have any thoughts on SD, but does ASPCA Spay Neuter Alliance in Asheville NC have any openings still that would work with your schedule? Also if you’re MSU Michigan State not Mississippi (I mean, or even if you’re Mississippi and want to travel to Michigan 😂), you could contact the humane society of huron valley in Ann arbor! I know they’ve done externships in the past

I don’t have any thoughts on SD, but does ASPCA Spay Neuter Alliance in Asheville NC have any openings still that would work with your schedule? Also if you’re MSU Michigan State not Mississippi (I mean, or even if you’re Mississippi and want to travel to Michigan ), you could contact the humane society of huron valley in Ann arbor! I know they’ve done externships in the past

I am doing the ASPCA in Asheville! But I wanted to do one more spay and neuter rotation

Yes, Michigan State! Oh ok I will look them up! I just want to get as much surgical experience as I can before I graduate.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I am doing the ASPCA in Asheville! But I wanted to do one more spay and neuter rotation

Yes, Michigan State! Oh ok I will look them up! I just want to get as much surgical experience as I can before I graduate.
EXCELLENT. I loved it so much. And I definitely feel you on wanting more SN rotations.