SAT/ACT scores

futuredoc44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are you all shooting for? I've taken the SAT twice and my ACT once, my junior year. So I still have time to take them again. But I was just curious what everyone's take on it was.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking for a 1275 or higher on CR+M. The place I want to apply to doesn't really care for writing so it's good for me I guess.

I am taking it this one last time in October to see if I meet my goals, if not, hopefully it won't make my appy look like shiz.

What are you aiming for?

Taking it this winter.
aiming for 2300-2400
ambitious young lad i am :D

Members don't see this ad :)
1400 CR+M is what I'm aiming for in November.

dang you guys are crazy.. Lol I was happy with not studying and getting a 1800.. awk

IF I take it again, I'm shooting for a 31+ on the ACT. I should've had over that last time if it wasn't for my horrific math score (22) :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh snappp, no shades allowed according to U Wot M8

obamadealwithit_gif.gif

I can't even remember my scores lol.

I do know my ACT was a grand slam (29-31). SAT....ehh (1600-1700)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

A 29 is a grand slam? I would think 33+ lol

I'd have to disagree. A 30 (just found my scorecard) was huge at my school. Especially with the fact that it was in the Top 5% in a 4A High school. Besides, The average ACT score is 21. I'm extremely happy with a 30. 33+ would Jimmy Neutron level :laugh:

I'd have to disagree. A 30 (just found my scorecard) was huge at my school. Especially with the fact that it was in the Top 5% in a 4A High school. Besides, The average ACT score is 21. I'm extremely happy with a 30. 33+ would Jimmy Neutron level :laugh:

Nice dude! I got a 29.... I'm more like Jimmy's friend Carl lol :laugh:

I'm looking for a 1275 or higher on CR+M. The place I want to apply to doesn't really care for writing so it's good for me I guess.

I am taking it this one last time in October to see if I meet my goals, if not, hopefully it won't make my appy look like shiz.

What are you aiming for?

I'm probably the worst standardized test taker. I received a 1820 on SAT, along with a 27 on my ACT. I'm currently looking at the University at Buffalo, and that's about the 50th percentile. I have about 200 shadowing hours, and lots of extras. So I might take the ACT again, but I'm thinking of just leaving my SAT at the moment. I hold a 4.0 with good AP scores, but when it comes to the ACT and SAT, I'm weak.

Nice dude! I got a 29.... I'm more like Jimmy's friend Carl lol :laugh:

Ha! I like Carl Though! :thumbup: :D

Seriously though, I'd be extremely happy with a 29. I've heard of guys getting into college with just a 28 ACT alone!

I'm probably the worst standardized test taker. I received a 1820 on SAT, along with a 27 on my ACT. I'm currently looking at the University at Buffalo, and that's about the 50th percentile. I have about 200 shadowing hours, and lots of extras. So I might take the ACT again, but I'm thinking of just leaving my SAT at the moment. I hold a 4.0 with good AP scores, but when it comes to the ACT and SAT, I'm weak.

Well if you're the worst "standardized test taker", it sure doesn't show. An 1820 SAT + 27 ACT is really good. Don't sell yourself short.

With a 4.0, 200+ shadowing hours, Some AP's thrown in there, AND A 4.0 GPA???

I WISH my app. looked that good :laugh:

Last edited:

Seriously though, I'd be extremely happy with a 29. I've heard of guys getting into college with just a 28 ACT alone!

:thumbup: same. my high school wasn't that serious. we were seriously happy with a 28.

Well if you're the worst "standardized test taker", it sure doesn't show. An 1820 SAT + 27 ACT is really good. Don't sell yourself short.

With a 4.0, 200+ shadowing hours, Some AP's thrown in there, AND A 4.0 GPA???

I WISH my app. looked that good :laugh:

You're too sweet! Thank you. I hope the admissions board thinks that too. Thanks for your input.

:thumbup: same. my high school wasn't that serious. we were seriously happy with a 28.

Same here. Especially when the national average is Roughly a 21. 26+ should make you stick out like a sore thumb IMO.

You're too sweet! Thank you. I hope the admissions board thinks that too. Thanks for your input.

No Prob :D :thumbup:

:luck:Good Luck:luck:

18> May want to retake
19-23 Average Score
23-26 Good
27-29 Great
30+ Excellent

I got a 29. I'm perfectly happy with it.

18> May want to retake
19-23 Average Score
23-26 Good
27-29 Great
30+ Excellent

I got a 29. I'm perfectly happy with it.

:thumbup::thumbup:

and congrats on everyone's scores! All of you will be great college applicants :D

:thumbup::thumbup:

and congrats on everyone's scores! All of you will be great college applicants :D

Yes! :D :clap: just do your best and never look down.
Speaking of the SAT, is it me or I found the ACT to be much easier?

Yes! :D :clap: just do your best and never look down.
Speaking of the SAT, is it me or I found the ACT to be much easier?

The SAT is all your knowledge up until that point while the ACT is what you were taught.

Giving the ACT is September... Hoping for a 33+ (It's ok to be optimistic)

Am I the only one who thought that the ACT was a test that couldn't effectively be studied for?

Well I never made the attempt for either because I'm lazy/a procrastination master/ninja. But yeah, I hated the ACT. It needs to die.

Both tests are a waste of time.

Changing topics,
I just finished watching Jack Reacher(2012).
I think I fell in love with lawyers.

Continue the discussion.

I took a practice test or two and I'm around low 1900s (as a freshman).... MY goal is a 2300!!! Am I on track for that or above?

lol, just keep studying. We can't tell you you'll score a 2300+, because it's gotta be in the 95+ percentile (googled it and something said its the 99+ percentile, soooo..) . But yeah I will say a 1900 as a freshman is really good.

lol, just keep studying. We can't tell you you'll score a 2300+, because it's gotta be in the 95+ percentile (googled it and something said its the 99+ percentile, soooo..) . But yeah I will say a 1900 as a freshman is really good.

2360 but it was the first year of the new scoring system, so I don't know if that counts. No studying, though...I forgot I was taking it, actually, until I got an email the night before! Also, that just...wasn't a thing at my HS. I seriously didn't know ANYone who studied for the SAT. Never took the ACT though, because I already had a good SAT and ~10 AP scores to show that I could do well on a knowledge based test (the SAT was more of a 'are you good at test-taking' test).

Last edited:
dang that's insane.. I personally also don't know anyone who studied, but apparently people do according to "college confidential" (when I was applying to schools i know, shamed -.-) and i guess it helps? Idk for sure, don't really care at this point either lol

I studied and it definitely helped! Standardized tests really suck, but they're the only way that colleges can look at all applicants on a level playing field. To everyone who is saying they aren't going to study, I would seriously consider it. Once you get the formula of the SAT down, it's WAY easier to get a good score!

I'm aiming for a 24+ on the act.. I honestly don't really care I am just making the requirements for my college ^-^ I've been studying a bit for it and I'm taking it September 21! If it is any test I will be dead serious about it'll be the Pcat :) But anyways best of luck to you:luck:

why are some people taking/studying for both the sat and act? Isn't that a waste of time if colleges only require one? Which ones, if any, require both?

why are some people taking/studying for both the sat and act? Isn't that a waste of time if colleges only require one? Which ones, if any, require both?
People want to keep their options open...

I'll just stick with the SAT.. I might take an ACT practice test and if the score is a lot more than my SAT one, then I'll switch...

Which one is easier to study/improve your score?

I took a practice test or two and I'm around low 1900s (as a freshman).... MY goal is a 2300!!! Am I on track for that or above?

Stop "studying" for the SAT as a freshman. Go enjoy your summer.

Now that I see this thread I remembered that next year I have to take my college admission tests. This year I'll have to study so hard. :scared:

Ok, Mr. Fan of the Yankees who are paying A-rod $25 million a year. Since you're the smartest kid on earth, I'll listen to you...

but Did I ever say I was going to study for the SAT as a freshmen? there's a difference between studying and taking 2 practice tests.

#JetertheCripple

I've been told that the SAT is easier to study for, but I think it depends on the individual. Personally, I only studied for the SAT, and I honestly think anyone studying for both is wasting their time ahaha. However, I did take the ACT, and my scores were good enough to warrant sending them to colleges. Definitely worth taking them both!

I've been told that the SAT is easier to study for, but I think it depends on the individual. Personally, I only studied for the SAT, and I honestly think anyone studying for both is wasting their time ahaha. However, I did take the ACT, and my scores were good enough to warrant sending them to colleges. Definitely worth taking them both!

See, I specifically chose the SAT because it required ZERO studying, so I can't imagine taking both AND studying for both :laugh: Then again, I never studied at all in HS, unless you count 1day of cramming for each AP exam!

Ok, Mr. Fan of the Yankees who are paying A-rod $25 million a year. Since you're the smartest kid on earth, I'll listen to you...

but Did I ever say I was going to study for the SAT as a freshmen? there's a difference between studying and taking 2 practice tests.

#JetertheCripple

lol

Comments like yours just make me so glad I didn't know this website existed until senior year. Get off the computer Mr. Keyboard Warrior and go waste your high school life studying an SAT book. If it takes you 3 years to prepare for the SAT I have bad news for you come MCAT time, assuming you don't burn yourself out by then.