SB P/S #67

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laczlacylaci

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
upload_2016-8-13_22-21-50.png

I understand C is incorrect due to the extreme wording of 'excellent' under a low correlation of 38%.
1. If the question were changed to +0.5 (50%) would that make C correct? or still A.
2. If the question were changed to -0.38 (negative correlation), I am assuming A would still be correct?

Members don't see this ad.

1. If the question were changed to +0.5 (50%) would that make C correct? or still A.

+0.50 correlation still isn't particularly good. Not enough to warrant "excellent." Not to mention that "g" is still speculative and may not necessarily even exist.

2. If the question were changed to -0.38 (negative correlation), I am assuming A would still be correct?

In that case, "g" may not exist at all! There could be a common factor that makes you perform well on one test but poorly on another but it's more likely that there's a zero-sum game between verbal and spatial intelligence. That is, you can only improve one at the expense of the other!

Reactions: 1 users
When I answered this question, I thought of "g" as the IQ, which cannot be exactly tested by tests

therefore the correlation being +0.38, or any other number, would not affect how exact the IQ is.

@aldol16 has a better explanation though

Reactions: 1 user