-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SCCP Class of 2016
Started by Spursfan08
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh alright! DId you apply to the Columbia or Charleston campus?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to Charleston and interviewed on the 28th! I found out a last monday!
Yeah, I think for early admission at least. Which campus did you apply too?
Hi : )
What advice would you give an incoming P1. Is there anything you should or shouldn't do? what student organizations would you recommend joining?
I applied to Columbia.
My advice: make sure you're prepared; there's really nothing that the school wont already tell you that you should or shouldnt be doing. A lot of ppl want to know if they can start studying early- no, you can't, and lets be real, you dont want to either. Regarding organizations, there are 13 including 3 that are greek society and those depend on what you're into. Some focus more on certain tracks (nuclear, residency, community... whatever) and others are just national organizations. I definitely urge that you join at least one because its your best way to meet your fellow P2 and P3s.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you K777 for posting this. I called the Charleston campus the first week of December and found out (by accident of me calling to confirm) that they NEVER recieved my fall transcript - even though I had email confirmation from my school. Ugh. I ended up fed ex-ing it to Sue Coates, so there were no mistakes in the process. I urge anyone applying to make sure transcripts are in hand ; (
Best of luck to all.
Best of luck to all.
Does anyone have a head count of how many people r already accepted to the usc campus? I hear lots of ppl saying they r in and this just makes me extremely anxious.. Any feedback would help!
I have my interview next week too and im nervous too!
I have my interview next week too and im nervous too!
The interview was very laid back. It was a very easy going conversation and everybody was super nice 🙂 they just want to get to know you and your interest. Know your resume and all the "why" answers and you will do great! Good luck!
Thanks i will surely do that! Did u hear back anything?
Thanks i will surely do that! Did u hear back anything?
Nothing yet 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied dec 18th. All required formes were in by mid jan. I am starting to freek out because I have yet to hear anything. Good or bad. If I don't get in that's fine. I just need to know.
I know how you feel, i submitted my application on Dec.16, and got a call for an interview on february 1st. Waiting is agony. Im like, if im rejected let me know so I can move on. Im sure ill still feel the same way after the interview lol. I think they still have a few more weeks of interviews though, and they seem to be letting people know on short notice if they are gonna be interviewed at this point. So you could still get a call.
Yes, its true its an agony to wait. Hopefully you will hear back something good and soon! I'm just stressed out at the fact that they have already admitted a bunch of people and there are lots to be interviewed and evaluate yet, so I really don't know where I will stand after the interview 🙁
I was told that a phone call would be placed following an acceptance letter contingent upon any outstanding pre-req. courses. If the number listed on the application is not answered by the applicant and the voice mail does not specify that the mail box belongs to the applicant, then an email will be sent to the email address on record, following a letter.
If you are not accepted, then a letter will be generated and sent by the end of March.
Here's to praying everyone on this thread gets accepted and SOON, so we can all take a deep breath of relief : ) I for one have had enough of this waiting nonsense and I just pray I hear something soon.
If you are not accepted, then a letter will be generated and sent by the end of March.
Here's to praying everyone on this thread gets accepted and SOON, so we can all take a deep breath of relief : ) I for one have had enough of this waiting nonsense and I just pray I hear something soon.
I was told that a phone call would be placed following an acceptance letter contingent upon any outstanding pre-req. courses. If the number listed on the application is not answered by the applicant and the voice mail does not specify that the mail box belongs to the applicant, then an email will be sent to the email address on record, following a letter.
If you are not accepted, then a letter will be generated and sent by the end of March.
Here's to praying everyone on this thread gets accepted and SOON, so we can all take a deep breath of relief : ) I for one have had enough of this waiting nonsense and I just pray I hear something soon.
Same here. I hope we all hear something good soon! Does outstandig pre-reqs mean that excellent grades on the transcript?
I have my interview at USC Friday 🙂 any advice??
Does anyone have any information on the statistical numbers for the number of people who applied vs. how many got interviews?
I think there were about 500 applicants and they plan to interview 300
I have my interview at USC Friday 🙂 any advice??
How did your interview go?
Does anyone have any information on the statistical numbers for the number of people who applied vs. how many got interviews?
Yeah 500 applicants, 300 interviews. At my interview on Feb 6th the guy said they have accepted about half of the 190. But that they will also make a waiting list and rank applicants. The dean said that in the past they have pulled people off the waiting list even up until the start of classes. Im guessing they have about 1 or 2 more weeks of interviewing left.
Yeah 500 applicants, 300 interviews. At my interview on Feb 6th the guy said they have accepted about half of the 190. But that they will also make a waiting list and rank applicants. The dean said that in the past they have pulled people off the waiting list even up until the start of classes. Im guessing they have about 1 or 2 more weeks of interviewing left.
Thanks for the information! Hopefully we will all hear back next week
how did everybody's interviews go? I really felt like the interviews were very laid back 🙂I think my interview went well 😀 It was laid back and everyone was really friendly! wish me luck
How long did it take for everyone to hear back after interviews??
How long did it take for everyone to hear back after interviews??
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think my interview went well 😀 It was laid back and everyone was really friendly! wish me luck![]()
How long did it take for everyone to hear back after interviews??
I really want to know it too. Anyone??
Last edited:
Sadly those who have been admitted no longer post here so we are all on our own.. All we can do is wait for one of us to hear back so that all of us can know whats actually going on. 🙁
Has anyone heard back?
not me! 🙁 can someone who has been accepted please provide some feedback? it would be great!