1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Scheduling multiple interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by portlander, Sep 13, 2002.

1. portlander

portlander Member
    7+ Year Member

I think this question was addressed somewhere on this forum before, but here it goes again:

I really would like to do Boston/New York interviews in one swoop to save money on taking multiple trips from the west coast. What would you suggest for trying to find out if other schools in the area are willing to interview you?? The last thing I want to do is appear annoying to the schools, and keep harassing them before they are ready to make a decision about interviews. What is the best way to go about this?? Especially since most schools don't have my LORs, and I don't believe Columbia will look at my app until EVERYTHING is there.

Thanks in advance to your help!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I believe that most schools will understand your concern, but I would mainly try to speak with the admissions director instead of the "receptionists." You have to consider two things here:

1.) Would you want to delay you interview a couple of weeks in order to fit all of them in?

2.) Do you have high enough grades/DAT scores in order to get in no matter how late you go.

I would try to interview before Mid-November so you will have a good shot at getting in the first round.

Temple let me schedule my interview after Sept 16 on wards, then I was fortunate to get UPENN interview letter and they are flexible as well. Some schools are anal. Then I got NOVA's letter and they gave me a date and I don't even know if I can change that date. I believe the east coast schools are pretty "interview friendly" when it comes to that.

Talk to only the admissions director, not some random person. That way you will illustrate you interest in the program. If you say you have another interview that may help you, since that school might think "hey, if s/he can get a interview there, we might check him/her out too." Just my thinking

DesiDentist

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Desi's right on the money! When speaking with the school, phrase your question in a positive and polite manner (duh!). Such as "I will be interviewing at xxxxxx on xxxxxx (date) and in an effort to same time and expenses, I would like to visit your school in a similar time frame. Am I currently being considered for an interview?"

Most schools will not give you an immediate answer, but will ask if they may call you back in a couple of days. Several days later you should get an answer, and more often than not, the school WILL give you an interview and is HAPPY to work with your schedule.

5. sam1234

sam1234 Member
    7+ Year Member

Desi, You can go ahead and change your interview date at Nova. You have that flexibility. Because i had my interview date as Oct 1, but because of my UConn and Columbia interviews i had to change it to Oct 11.