scheduling,,,,

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PRoVBeS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,,,
The reason why I'm writing is because I am amazed when I read about students who are so organized, they dont even have any free time at all all week.
I have tried to make schedules,,, many of them actually and noone has worked for me...
is there any way some of you can give me any advices on how to become a little more organized and use all the time the best I can...
I go to school full time mon-frid and I also work nights twice/week.
Thank you :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys,,,
The reason why I'm writing is because I am amazed when I read about students who are so organized, they dont even have any free time at all all week.
I have tried to make schedules,,, many of them actually and noone has worked for me...
is there any way some of you can give me any advices on how to become a little more organized and use all the time the best I can...

Stop watching so much television.

Make a to-do list with as many bullet points/tasks as possible...every time you do something you get to cross it off. I personally go ape-**** for crossing things off my to do list...

this way you at least get stuff done, you don't need a schedule to organize every last minute, and you feel accomplished at the end of the day.

It's like the golden star system they have in kindergarden, except for grown-ups.

(If you need more organization then that, make daily to-do lists and don't stop till you have worked off your list every day)

If there are big tasks in your schedule, break them into smaller divisions --> i.e. "study for test" becomes "(I) read chapter 13 in book" "(II) Go through 20 practice questions at end of chapter" "(III) Review first half of class notes" "(IV) make flashcards of first half of notes", etc....you get the point. this way you get to cross stuff off after each 0.5-1 hr activity.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Make a to-do list with as many bullet points/tasks as possible...every time you do something you get to cross it off. I personally go ape-**** for crossing things off my to do list...

this way you at least get stuff done, you don't need a schedule to organize every last minute, and you feel accomplished at the end of the day.

It's like the golden star system they have in kindergarden, except for grown-ups.

(If you need more organization then that, make daily to-do lists and don't stop till you have worked off your list every day)

If there are big tasks in your schedule, break them into smaller divisions --> i.e. "study for test" becomes "(I) read chapter 13 in book" "(II) Go through 20 practice questions at end of chapter" "(III) Review first half of class notes" "(IV) make flashcards of first half of notes", etc....you get the point. this way you get to cross stuff off after each 0.5-1 hr activity.

Good Luck!

thank you very much!!!:)

Some people love to run their lives on schedules, other do not (like me). The only things I like to schedule are actual activities/ study groups that meet at a specific time and day. Studying gets done whenever I'm not in class, I try to get it done as early as possible without using up all my free time during the day. It works well for me, but everyone's different.

Good Luck!
I do the exact same thing. When I decided that I seriously wanted to attend med school, I went out and bought a giant planner. I write everything down in it the moment it is announced. I'm weeks ahead in some of my classes because of that. Good luck OP. You can do it!:thumbup:

I dont... either way.. thanks for ur opinion :p

:p first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem. I am rooting for you! Just turn it off.

Hello guys,,,

Planners are a great idea. If you have and iPhone get Epic Win. It is a day planner mixed with an RPG game. Turns mundane study session into a quest of epic proportions!

Planners are a great idea. If you have and iPhone get Epic Win. It is a day planner mixed with an RPG game. Turns mundane study session into a quest of epic proportions!

ok thanks.. i had another planner on my iphone but not that good... imma give this a try :)