Scholarship for Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buckeye2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was anyone offered a scholarship with their notice of acceptance, or do most schools offer scholarships after you pay a deposit?

Members don't see this ad.

I was offered the Deans Scholarship at UOP from my acceptance phone call. I'm not really sure why I got it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to both of you! I guess I'll have to just wait it out for a while and see what happens. Has anyone received a scholarship from Case Western or Ohio State?

Congrats to both of you! I guess I'll have to just wait it out for a while and see what happens. Has anyone received a scholarship from Case Western or Ohio State?

I was under the impression that Ohio State only gives out one scholarship? And that students from Appalachia counties get money but other than that there really isn't anything else? But this is just based on the info from the student panel.

Are you talking about merit entrance scholarships? Case's fund for merit-based stuff is tiny. $66k a year. So the bar is set high AND the scholarships are small, unfortunately.

Was anyone offered a scholarship with their notice of acceptance, or do most schools offer scholarships after you pay a deposit?

I received scholarships from some schools upon acceptance.
I do not know if its different for others.

I received a scholarship from NYU upon acceptance.

Last edited:
I received a $5,000 competitive scholarship email after I received my acceptance email from San Antonio, and I haven't put a deposit down yet.

I assume that they offer you a scholarship upon acceptance as a way to lure you to choose them?

Yes I assume so. Cost is the number one issue when choosing an OOS school.

Tufts, UOP, NYU all stated scholarships upon acceptance. I think they use these in hope of you possibly choosing their school so telling the accepted student after the deposit isnt as helpful.

I got 10K per year for UK

I received a scholarship email from Case, but I haven't been accepted yet!? Does that mean I'll get the acceptance letter soon? I really want to get into Case..

Please guys help with your input...

They should offer scholarships after the deposit. Then everyone will be forced to put down a deposit just to see if they hit lotto.

My sister got her ucla dean's scholarship after she put in her deposit. Kind of odd, but I guess ucla doesn't really need to try to convince you to go.

They should offer scholarships after the deposit. Then everyone will be forced to put down a deposit just to see if they hit lotto.

:thumbup::laugh: see candidates' true intentions.. are they in it just for the money? :laugh:

Just wanted to say that I think scholarships can be awarded way after acceptance. I just got a substantial scholarship from my school, presumably because financial aid/budgeting wasn't finished until now. I figured I wasn't getting one since at time of admission there was nothing; I'm not sure how it works; just glad I got it!