-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Scholarship for Dental School
Started by buckeye2012
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was offered the Deans Scholarship at UOP from my acceptance phone call. I'm not really sure why I got it.
Same here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to both of you! I guess I'll have to just wait it out for a while and see what happens. Has anyone received a scholarship from Case Western or Ohio State?
Congrats to both of you! I guess I'll have to just wait it out for a while and see what happens. Has anyone received a scholarship from Case Western or Ohio State?
I was under the impression that Ohio State only gives out one scholarship? And that students from Appalachia counties get money but other than that there really isn't anything else? But this is just based on the info from the student panel.
Congrats to both of you! I guess I'll have to just wait it out for a while and see what happens. Has anyone received a scholarship from Case Western or Ohio State?
Are you talking about merit entrance scholarships? Case's fund for merit-based stuff is tiny. $66k a year. So the bar is set high AND the scholarships are small, unfortunately.
Was anyone offered a scholarship with their notice of acceptance, or do most schools offer scholarships after you pay a deposit?
I received scholarships from some schools upon acceptance.
I do not know if its different for others.
Michigan here.
I received a scholarship from NYU upon acceptance.
How much did you receive?
How much did you receive?
From NYU, I got 20K/ year
I received a $5,000 competitive scholarship email after I received my acceptance email from San Antonio, and I haven't put a deposit down yet.
Yes I assume so. Cost is the number one issue when choosing an OOS school.
Tufts, UOP, NYU all stated scholarships upon acceptance. I think they use these in hope of you possibly choosing their school so telling the accepted student after the deposit isnt as helpful.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was anyone offered a scholarship with their notice of acceptance, or do most schools offer scholarships after you pay a deposit?
They should offer scholarships after the deposit. Then everyone will be forced to put down a deposit just to see if they hit lotto.
My sister got her ucla dean's scholarship after she put in her deposit. Kind of odd, but I guess ucla doesn't really need to try to convince you to go.
They should offer scholarships after the deposit. Then everyone will be forced to put down a deposit just to see if they hit lotto.
👍
see candidates' true intentions.. are they in it just for the money? 
Just wanted to say that I think scholarships can be awarded way after acceptance. I just got a substantial scholarship from my school, presumably because financial aid/budgeting wasn't finished until now. I figured I wasn't getting one since at time of admission there was nothing; I'm not sure how it works; just glad I got it!