Scholarship search?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmissangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already got into med school (whew, the hard parts done...)
Now I need to figure out how to finance it. Since, unlike some people on this forum, I am not being showered with money from schools desperate to have me, I am on my own and on the lookout for money.
Anyone know where I would start on a good scholarship search for med school? I know the traditional ones like Fastweb, but haven't actually tried them. Anyone have any experience with them? Know where to look?
I'm not a citizen, so military scholarships are out of the question (in fact, so are many others).

Members don't see this ad.

jack ent cook foundation scholarship - non citizens considered- up to 50000

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd talk to the schools and ASK (as opposed to waiting for) available money. Ask what's up - female, minority, underpriv., from a certain area, have a certain interest in medicine, etc. Schools have money for the most bizarre things.

Good luck.

dc

financial aid office---i'd even venture to guess that the majority of med students don't have money showered upon them. i'd recommend taking out loans like the rest of us poor students.