Scholarships for Non-Trads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmtechcat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm wondering if scholarships are age-restricted or not. I'm also wondering what scholarships are available to non-trads w/ existing graduate degrees in unrelated fields?

Thanks!

Sunny

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I'm wondering if scholarships are age-restricted or not. I'm also wondering what scholarships are available to non-trads w/ existing graduate degrees in unrelated fields?

Thanks!

Sunny
For undergrad or for medical school?

In medical school, as rare as scholarships are, they seem to be open to everybody. One landed in my lap, rather unexpectedly but quite appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
For undergrad or for medical school?

In medical school, as rare as scholarships are, they seem to be open to everybody. One landed in my lap, rather unexpectedly but quite appreciated.
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess if they're open for Med school, they'd be open to undergrad, too. Although I already have an undergrad degree, so I guess I'd have to figure out if I'd have to start all over.

Thanks!

Sunny

Members don't see this ad :)
Scholarships are not age-restricted, but many grants and loans (for undergrad courses) will be contingent on the student not having a prior BA/BS.

Scholarships to medical school are few and far between, and you should absolutely NOT count on getting one. That being said, if you are fortunate enough to land one, your age will not be a restriction in any case I'm aware of, except possibly with the military if you're in your 40s or older. And even then, they can grant age waivers if they choose.

For post bac funding, if you are working FT, you might consider seeing whether your current employer offers any kind of employee education program. Many corporations do; my sister got her entire MS for free taking one class at a time that way. You will likely have to agree to work for that company for a certain period of time afterward, however. Alternatively, if you're looking for a new job anyway, you could consider working directly for an educational institution that allows its employees to take classes. My university employer will allow me to take up to six credits per semester for free (although I don't get books and fees paid for like my sister did).