School giving the most personal attention

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Vanderbilt, Stanford, and U. Arizona give the most personal attention to its students. Is there any other? Amongst these three which one would you choose to apply to and why? What about osteopathic schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by personal attention but I know that if you get invited for an interview at Dartmouth you can expect to recieve a number of letters about it. They even send you a DVD about the school and really try to sell it to you. If you are lucky enough to be accepted you can expect to recieve a lot of mailings from them. During the first week after I got accepted I was recieving one or two letters every day. They really try to sell you the school. I also got handwritten congradulation notes from the dean.

Stanford, Arizona, and Vanderbilt have a reputation of mothering their students, almost to the point of spoiling them, e.g. paying very close attention to the personal development of each and every student, instead of "throwing them into cold water" and weeding out the "weak ones".

Members don't see this ad :)
I vote for Case

what are Vandy's stats for med school acceptance? My friend's cousin plays football there.

stwei said:
Stanford, Arizona, and Vanderbilt have a reputation of mothering their students, almost to the point of spoiling them, e.g. paying very close attention to the personal development of each and every student, instead of "throwing them into cold water" and weeding out the "weak ones".

Where did you read this? A lot of med school gives quite a lot of personal attention to their students. I am not sure why those 3 are singled out as the best. What were the criteria?

I hear Penn and Chicago treat their students really well also.

pekq said:
Where did you read this? A lot of med school gives quite a lot of personal attention to their students. I am not sure why those 3 are singled out as the best. What were the criteria?
The AAMC website has a poll listing of the happiest medical students in the US.

davis will take care of you.

I've heard that UChicago, Stanford and Mayo all like to hold their students closely. Not sure how much truth there is in that, but notice how all three of these schools have class sizes of 100 or less.

ive heard from ucla students that drew/ucla students are taken good care of, pampered.

do you have a link? I did a search on google and the AAMC website and could not find it. Thanks!

stwei said:
The AAMC website has a poll listing of the happiest medical students in the US.