School list for NY residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am applying this upcoming cycle and looking at the schools that are out of state friendly as a NY resident.
Currently, like others, I am waiting for ADEA Guide 2015 to help me with school selection. But I would also like to ask sdn peeps for suggestions!

I am at the very beginning of my school selection, and I really don't know where else to apply that are around east coast and NYS friendly.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
rutgers and uconn. temple too

Members don't see this ad :)
Take Boston off the list, unless you really see yourself going there. I have similar stats and interviewed at UCSF, great school if you can see yourself living in SF.

Is Boston not a good school? I'm also open to west coast but would prefer to stay in east coast.

Also, are Rutgers, wvu, and vcu out of state friendly?

Rutgers.. Not really. My opinion. VCU, yes. Don't think boston has the best reputation. I suggest going through each school and deciding: if that was the ONLY place you got in, would you go? Seriously, I applied to a lot of schools, pretty pointless. Be smart. Good luck!

So I should cross Rutgers off my list since it's not really OOS friendly? Did you considered UoP (pacific- 3yrs)? My goal is to apply broadly and smartly.

Look up the stats for rutgers and OOS. I'm not exactly sure, but most of my friends from NY did not hear from them. I applied to Uop but they have been silent since sept with no answer to my email. I'd look into NOVA in FL as well, but with your stats you should have no problem with SB, buff, temple, pitt? Columbia Nyu uconn Upenn tufts and case. Pretty solid list

Thank you so much for your response! I've been looking at Pitt too. But honestly I have to wait for the 2015 ADEA guide to see which schools are OOS friendly. There's no point in applying to schools that won't even look at your application cause you're not a instate resident.
Just wondering, where else did you apply?

Boston, NYU, Columbia, UCLA, UCSF, VCU, UNC chapel hill (don't), Rutgers, Maryland, western, UOP, Pitt, Michigan, uconn, buffalo, stony, South Carolina (don't)

How is UConn out of state friendly? they have 40 kids in the class, 75% of which are either from Connecticut or the New England region. But still a great school to apply to.