School List? Heavy ECs, 3.88 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA, MCAT TBD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amg_la

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out my applicaion list for this 2017 cycle. Im taking the MCAT on 5/18 so ill have a more definitive list when I finally have my score but I would appreciate any advice you can give me on schools to apply for. Really hoping for a baylor acceptance

under grad school rank: private (competitive)
cGPA: 3.88
sGPA: 3.88
shadowing/clinical: 150 hours (three doctors and ER volunteering)
research: two labs dealing with psych research and then medical research
community service: 200+ hours working as a tutor in a disadvantaged community center
leadership: heavy philanthropy involvment, upcoming philanthropy president

latest NS MCAT Practice Test: 511

residency: CA & TX

Current List:
reach:
-UCSF
-Duke
-Stanford
-Penn
-Stanford
-Hopkins

match:
-Michigan
-UCLA
-Baylor
-UCSD
-Northwestern?
-Vanderbilt
-USC
-UNC
-UTSW
-UVA
-UTAustin
-Miami
- UCI
- UCDavis

Members don't see this ad.

can you elaborate further. I graduated from CA highschool but only since have my parents established texas residency. is there a way to declare one residency on the App and reach out to CA schools to confirm CA residency?

It's really hard to give input on your reaches without an MCAT score. I mean, those are super top-tier places. You'd probably need 518+ for most of those.

Also, you can't have two residencies. Your residency is either where you are currently attending school (you would have to fight for this but it's possible) or where your parents live. You can't claim CA residency just because you went to high school there 4 years ago. You don't currently live there.