School List Help 3.77cGPA, 520 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnthroArt

Reaction score
Hey guys, I really need help building a well rounded school list for this app cycle. Here's my abridged story:
Graduated UG in 2019 with 2 degrees (BFA and BS), 3.77cGPA and then worked for 2 years (2 jobs in the medical field: 1 as a med tech for a large hospital, the other as a death investigator for a county ME) and decided on med school. Quit my job, studied for the MCAT full time, got a 520 (129/132/130/129). Have a manuscript in preparation (hoping to publish this summer) and am almost a certified medical illustrator (passed the test, 6/8 of my illustrations passed the portfolio section so I'm just editing the last two). 3.77 cGPA does not include my postbacc prereq classes, all of which I've finished with an A. NY residency.

I'm very interested in the Boston area so all 3 of those schools are on my list, and right now BU is my top choice (it has a forensic anthropology program that I'd like to see if I can do a MD/MS with if I get in). Parent is an MD alum of SUNY upstate, so upstate and downstate are on my list. Worked at UofR so it is on my list, considering Quinnipiac because its the Frank Netter School of Medicine and I'm a med illustrator. Considering UCSF because I've heard its great for path, which is my end goal. I have FAP so I am applying to a minimum of 20 schools. Will consider adding more if it's deemed necessary.

I need help fleshing out this list so it's not too top or bottom heavy. Please let me know your thoughts, or if more info is needed. I also need help editing my writings, and if someone could direct me to the place to ask for that I'd appreciate it (very new to SDN so not sure if I'm posting in the right places). Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest:
Invest in MSAR Online and then rule out all schools int he list below where your GPAs are < thier 10th %iles for acceptees.
NYU
Columbia
JHU
U Penn
WashU
Northwestern
Vanderbilt
Harvard
Yale
Cornell
U Chicago
Mayo