School rankings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JFrave74

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After my interview with Arizona I was made aware of this site. Its a bummer cause it would have helped in the earlier months. Anyways ..cool, to get to the point...
Not that the rankings matter, but i am faced with some tough decisions now and I was wondering if any of you could help.
I have been accepted into:

1. UOP with a 45,000 dollar scholarship
2. Arizona. This is my first choice and I would love to go here but i am concerned that the students haven't faced the state and national exams. I am aware of the commendations they received from the accredidation committee. However, i have read that there is a 50% pass rate if you are out of state school bound and planning on coming back to Cali to practice.

and I have interviews setup at
Harvard
Tufts (I cancelled)
NYU
Boston
Detroit mercy
Penn
UMDNJ
UCSF
Case western
NOVA
UCLA

As you can imagine , while this may be incredible news, I am not made of money, nor are my parents so I was wondering if any of you had opinions regarding who to cut cause i have 44 days left to decide for who gets the first of my money.

Thanks for you help+pity+

Members don't see this ad.

Reading between the lines says volumes to me about your preference for the southwest. I therefore recommend that you cancel all except UCSF and UCLA.

Welcome to Dental SDN! If you have any questions about Nova, two things you can do in attempts to answer them:

1) do a SDN forum search (by topics, schools and/or usernames)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/search.php?s=

2) feel free to ask me (I'm at Nova dental)

Andy

I am curious as to where you got your stats for the California licensure board?

PM me if you have any questions about Arizona, or ask them outright.

I will tell you that the school has only sent out a dozen acceptances thus far, so you are one of those!

They will most likely send out ~90-100 acceptances for the 54 class spots, so consider yourself highly qualified for our program!

Congrats.