School Won't Allow Me to Retake Science Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jj1445

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a NYC resident interested in applying to D.O schools in the future, however, I need to improve my grades first. I wanted to retake my gen chem and gen bio course which I got a "D" in, but my school said that students are not allowed to retake classes that they already passed. I really want to retake these two classes, so what can I do?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can retake classes at other institution. As long as the courses are similar and have equal or more credits than your original attempt.
 
You can retake classes at other institution. As long as the courses are similar and have equal or more credits than your original attempt.
So when I am applying to DO schools, these classes
You can retake classes at other institution. As long as the courses are similar and have equal or more credits than your original attempt.
Will it be okay if I take the classes after I graduate with my bachelors, or do I have to take them while I'm still in undergrad?
 
Yes, if you never taken any classes there but its not a big deal. As someone mentioned above DO's are forgiven for retake classes. Enroll in CC and try to get A's.
 
Yes, if you never taken any classes there but its not a big deal. As someone mentioned above DO's are forgiven for retake classes. Enroll in CC and try to get A's.
So I have to get an associate degree at the CC just to retake the classes?
 
you don't have to earn a degree at CC. You just need that transcript with your retakes on it. PM me if you need any clarification 🙂