Schools Losing Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thundrstorm

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is what I get for implementing a no-call rule to avoid being obnoxious. I called Mt. Sinai b/c I never got a complete notice and they should've had my letters 6 weeks ago, and they said they never received them. This is the second school to tell me that recently, when I know that my letters were sent in mid-September. If Harvard can manage not to lose my letters even though they arrived a month before my secondary, how can these schools lose them when they know to expect them?!?!? Now I feel like I wasted $105 dollars. :( If I'm not complete until mid-November at Sinai, am I out of luck?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear you... I called four schools today and each managed to lose each one of my four letters of recommendation... Mt. Sinai... I couldn't even check today because they only allow Mon-Wed 2-4pm for application status check... I want to scream

This is why Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation is my friend :)

Members don't see this ad :)
izibo said:
This is why Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation is my friend :)
Baylor lost my letter which was sent via expressed, I tracked it and it was delivered one week ago... now they still don't have it...

are u guys talking about LORs? because, i also followed the rule of not being obnoxious and not call schools, and since i submitted my amcas long time ago, my LORS were sent out like around end of august and im all happy im complete early and relaxed...well, it turns out 4 school misse d either one or two of my lors and they notified me like a week before their deadline...i was soooo pisssed, i did manage to get my recommender to fax/email my lors, but still...i was supposed to be done long time ago..do u guys think they take this in concsideration...well i guess not really, since i havent received interview from those schools yet:(