Schools Losing Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thundrstorm

Full Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I get for implementing a no-call rule to avoid being obnoxious. I called Mt. Sinai b/c I never got a complete notice and they should've had my letters 6 weeks ago, and they said they never received them. This is the second school to tell me that recently, when I know that my letters were sent in mid-September. If Harvard can manage not to lose my letters even though they arrived a month before my secondary, how can these schools lose them when they know to expect them?!?!? Now I feel like I wasted $105 dollars. 🙁 If I'm not complete until mid-November at Sinai, am I out of luck?
 
I hear you... I called four schools today and each managed to lose each one of my four letters of recommendation... Mt. Sinai... I couldn't even check today because they only allow Mon-Wed 2-4pm for application status check... I want to scream
 
This is why Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation is my friend 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
izibo said:
This is why Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation is my friend 🙂
Baylor lost my letter which was sent via expressed, I tracked it and it was delivered one week ago... now they still don't have it...
 
are u guys talking about LORs? because, i also followed the rule of not being obnoxious and not call schools, and since i submitted my amcas long time ago, my LORS were sent out like around end of august and im all happy im complete early and relaxed...well, it turns out 4 school misse d either one or two of my lors and they notified me like a week before their deadline...i was soooo pisssed, i did manage to get my recommender to fax/email my lors, but still...i was supposed to be done long time ago..do u guys think they take this in concsideration...well i guess not really, since i havent received interview from those schools yet🙁