Schools that value an MPH degree

Started by joshwake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

joshwake

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just finishing up my MPH and I am wondering what schools look most favorably on it. I am certain ASDOH likes it and I have heard that Michigan is big on MPH graduates. I have also heard that USC and UOP like them quite a lot. Any advice would be good. I don't want to skip any schools in the application process that could really appreciate the MPH. Thanks
 
I have also heard that Michigan is big on public health and MPH grads. If anyone has any first/second hand knowledge of schools that like MPH grads I would appreciate any input. thanks
 
It certainly doesn't hurt to have a MPH degree – it's a very useful degree for any discipline of the medical field. However, you must make sure you are doing well in that master's program. With that said, if you do well, it can definitely help you out.