schools too late to apply to, if submitting today?? ...Einstein, Sinai, Dartmouth, GW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J.Pearlman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am submitting in amcas today, and i want to know if with my stats (3.4/3.39/28), is it worth applying this late to such schools as Einstein, Sinai (eventhough im a ny resident), Dartmouth, BU, GW.

Any other schools that are out-of-bounds this late in the process. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

apply where you want-- i don't think you're too late for any school yet. just get those pesky secondaries done as fast as you get 'em in! good luck!! :)

yeah, it's not too late at all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think these schools are somewhere I will (see stats above) have a shot?

APPLY!!! sometimes you're qualified for schools you don't think you're qualified for. so apply to wherever you'd like to go. the worst they can do is take your money and tell you no. but you don't know if you don't apply. you're not too late.

First off, I definitely don't think its too late to apply anywhere. Stats are not the only thing looked at but I was told from a good source that unless you're a URM you probably don't have a shot at Sinai with less than a 30 on the MCAT. Honestly, I don't feel like revealing my source or start a controversy, just trying to save you the $100 bucks if that's an issue for you. But If you really would like to go there, I would definitely apply. Acceptance is not guaranteed anywhere as you all probably know. This whole process is a risk!!

But I think you have a shot at GW, I don't know much about Dartmouth and Einstein.

Good luck:)

Originally posted by J.Pearlman
Hi all, I am submitting in amcas today, and i want to know if with my stats (3.4/3.39/28), is it worth applying this late to such schools as Einstein, Sinai (eventhough im a ny resident), Dartmouth, BU, GW.

Any other schools that are out-of-bounds this late in the process. Thanks.

Just started school this week, AE's average stats for the incoming class was a 3.62 and 31 MCAT. However, I was accepted with a 3.56/30. So, it just goes to show that there is always someone around to "average" you out. Also, I know AE looks a lot more at the "whole" applicant than just numbers. So, if you're interested in coming to school here, I would give it a shot.