Schools with Decent Scholarship/Grant Money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ganesha123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Out of these schools which ones have been known to offer money to their students..and which ones are stingy.....:)..I am referring to merit based...not need based...not URM based!

Thanks a lot.

Albany Medical College
St. Louis University
Wake Forest
UVM
Creighton
VCU
Rochester
Tulane
Drexel
Jefferson
NYMC
Temple
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola

Peace!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend at Temple, and he told me that they have very little scholarship money.

VCU is a state school, so I imagine that they don't have a huge amount either. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless you did your undergrad at Creighton, I'm fairly certain they (Creighton SOM) don't give out any merit based scholarships to incoming freshmen.

Members don't see this ad :)
wake forest gives out 4 full scholarships to NC residents, not sure about anything else.

Edit: nevermind. Misread OP.

shout out to Pritzker! with 83% of students receiving merit scholarships/grants :thumbup:

I read somewhere that they give about $8 million to each class for scholarships...that's a lot of money!

Hey..thanks to everyone for posting! :) I think I have a good answer...the only thing is...a school could give 95% grants...and that could mean 500 bucks a year to each student...which is very little..or it could have 20% grants..but those could be full scholarships ....so it is tough to conclude anything really...don't u guys agree?...

Those lists are useful, but I suggest that you take it with a grain of salt. Just because 99% of the students get aid does not make it good financial aid. For example, U of Rochester is near the top of the private schools list - and while most of the students have some sort of aid, it is almost all in loans, and not too much grant money is given (from the mouth of students there - my hosts had only a few thousand dollars of aid). It's easy to spread the money thin to be able to boast that you give aid to all your students.

shout out to Pritzker! with 83% of students receiving merit scholarships/grants :thumbup:

I read somewhere that they give about $8 million to each class for scholarships...that's a lot of money!

According to this link, Pritzker students still graduate with the 5th highest debt out of all medical schools :eek::

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...du/grad/webextras/brief/sb_med_debt_brief.php

Though I guess with 83% of the class receiving aid, that $8 mil tends to get spread rather thin.

According to this link, Pritzker students still graduate with the 5th highest debt out of all medical schools :eek::

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...du/grad/webextras/brief/sb_med_debt_brief.php

Though I guess with 83% of the class receiving aid, that $8 mil tends to get spread rather thin.

yeah, I've read that too...I'm not sure how that pans out. But I do know for a fact that Pritzker gives out quite a few partial to full-tuition merit scholarships every year.