Schools with no transmission date are e-mailing me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no transmission dates next to the following schools:
Boston U.
Geo. Washington
Keck
Mount Sinai
U. of Rochester

However, 3 of the 5 (GW, Keck & Rochester) have e-mailed me that AMCAS has provided them with preliminary info on me.

This does not make any sense! Do those dates mean anything at all?

Maybe others could post their schools with no transmission dates, so we can see if there's any similarity to the lists.

Members don't see this ad.

Those transmission dates can only refer to either one of two things:

1) the one page summaries mailed out by AMCAS.

2) an email or electronic notice that we were applying to their school (with name, AMCAS ID, etc)

the reason I say this is because some of these dates go way back to July 19th, or even before then.

AMCAS was NOT mailing out complete apps at that time, so it has to either be the one page summary or the notice that we were applying to that school.

But these dates DO NOT refer to a complete application transmittal, by mail or electronically.

Thats the only sense I can make from it. I think the schools are just recycling their statements from previous years, but I doubt that very many of them have a complete app.

I know all that, and I'm pretty sure that those dates only refer to the most basic info, but what I can't figure out is how these 3 schools got the preliminary info on me if AMCAS didn't transmit anything to them.
Or, did AMCAS actually transmit to them, but just neglected to enter it on my app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by SMW:
•I know all that, and I'm pretty sure that those dates only refer to the most basic info, but what I can't figure out is how these 3 schools got the preliminary info on me if AMCAS didn't transmit anything to them.
Or, did AMCAS actually transmit to them, but just neglected to enter it on my app?•

OK, gotcha. Well I know for a fact that my app was transmitted electronically to Michigan.

And my AMCAS printout has no date transmitted in that section for Michigan.

So that tells you basically that the dates dont mean anything.

Can you please post what boston university said in the email?

thnx a million

I haven't heard from Boston.

if your receiving emails from schools u havent designated...you have to call AMCAS and report to them immediately!!!

they tend to change, delete or add schools :(

WatchaMaCallit, if you read my OP closely you'll note that I DID designate Boston U., but there is no transmission date next to the school. So it doesn't surprise me that I haven't heard from them. However I wonder why I'm getting stuff from 3 schools that also had no transmittal date next to them on my app. Obviously, since these schools are on my app, I DID designate them! (Well, OK, maybe with AMCAS it's not obvious!!!)