schools without rolling admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oreo2004

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For schools that don't have rolling admissions, is it still beneficial to get everything in early, or does it not really matter?? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i talked to my premed advisor about this...

she said that while it shouldnt give you any advantage, your essays will always read better if they'r on top of the pile

:thumbup: My understanding is that non-rolling admissions means they simply send acceptances all at the same time. They still give interviews on a 'rolling' basis.

Members don't see this ad :)
Darkshooter326 said:
:thumbup: My understanding is that non-rolling admissions means they simply send acceptances all at the same time. They still give interviews on a 'rolling' basis.

Right, but aren't rolling schools waitlists based on the order of complete applications, whereas a non-rolling school will accept the absolute best applicants regardless of when submissions happened?

get it done early as possible, rolling or not rolling!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
great responses guys (and gals)
I second them collectively

riceman04 said:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
great responses guys (and gals)
I second them collectively

From what I understand, non-rolling means the schools receive all the applications and after their deadline, no more apps will be accepted. Then, they must employ some sort of shceme where they cut the 2000 or so applications down, probably based on some formula that involves your gpa, mcat, and non-stats stuff like essays and ec's, with the gpa and mcat weighted the most. From there, they decide on who gets interviews - all of which take place during a specified time period, usually beginning around Feb to March. Then, final decisions about acceptances are made afterwards. That mean's that all you need to do is get your apps in b4 their deadline, and from there it's all equal. Am I right?

FINAL decisions at non-rolling schools happen simultaneously, but interview slots are more often than not still given out on a first come, first reviewed basis. If you want latitude in picking dates and likely a less harsh initial screen, best get things in as early as possible.