Schools worth it to check status online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amikhchi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which schools are generally the ones that it's *worth it* to check the status online. I find myself checking the status websites of each school i applied to nearly 5 times a day, and it seems like I will always see the same message until i'm actually notified of a change... I have heard UCI has offered a few interviews with the status online changing before the email went out, other than UCI are there other schools?

I'm trying to minimize the pointless online status checking because i do it far too much, borderline obsessive, but i imagine that's normal for a pre-med SDNer...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Plan B: Check your email once a day and make sure you answer all your phone calls.

:cool:

Does anyone know which schools are generally the ones that it's *worth it* to check the status online. I find myself checking the status websites of each school i applied to nearly 5 times a day, and it seems like I will always see the same message until i'm actually notified of a change... I have heard UCI has offered a few interviews with the status online changing before the email went out, other than UCI are there other schools?

I'm trying to minimize the pointless online status checking because i do it far too much, borderline obsessive, but i imagine that's normal for a pre-med SDNer...

I don't know how much this helps, but I found out online that I was accepted to Temple weeks before the letter came in the mail. Anything other than that (interview invites and whatnot) was coupled with an e-mail.

seems like Temple, Drexel, and ... Jefferson (?) have alerted applicants to interviews via status page without an email....

anyone know of any others? i know it's probably silly, but when i'm sitting here at work staring at an empty inbox, sometimes it feels productive to look at status pages as well!

The only school so far where the online status changed well before I got the email with the same info was NYMC.

Otherwise, I think it is a waste of time constantly checking the websites, but checking your email, and making sure something good doesn't dump into your spam folder, is the way to go (and I have had a couple of important emails divert to spam).

I have filters that ensure any email with the words "school", "medicine", "medical", "secondary", "supplemental", or "interview" get sent to my inbox, and it has been working alright so far... ^_^

UC Irvine has been rejecting/denying interviews via online status change without sending an email to notify people that they've been rejected. So definitely check UCI.

Members don't see this ad :)
SUNY Buffalo and Upstate I think.

SUNY Buffalo is worth it. I got notice of acceptance a week before I got my packet in the mail. Not sure about the interview phase, i didnt check it often then.

With Wake Forest, it's all dependent on the status checker.

George Washington notified me of my hold status via website. No email notification.

i just give a quick once over to the first page of the school specific discussions board, the ones at the top usually got some activity going on.

Case. Rejection via status page. No e-mail.