science gpa

Started by DD214_DOC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DD214_DOC

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is a 3.40 science GPA good enough or should I try bringing it up to 3.45-3.50 range? I am considering taking classes towards a second major to bring up my current cumulative GPA from a 3.3 to a 3.42 and showing I can make straight A's now; my current grades are pretty inconsistent.
 
JKDMed said:
Is a 3.40 science GPA good enough or should I try bringing it up to 3.45-3.50 range? I am considering taking classes towards a second major to bring up my current cumulative GPA from a 3.3 to a 3.42 and showing I can make straight A's now; my current grades are pretty inconsistent.

3.40 science GPA is MORE than adequate for DO schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OSUdoc08 said:
3.40 science GPA is MORE than adequate for DO schools.


3.4 is fine. I wouldn't focus on raising it just for the sake of raising it. Focus on learning what you need to in undergrad - if another class that would raise your GPA fits in well I'd take it, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way to do so. That's my opinion anyway.

GOod luck!