Science Letter of Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madiso30

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this on pre-MD as well. Just wanted to see some other opinions.

Pretty much all schools (DO and MD) require 3 letters, 1 non-science and 2 science. I have a physiology professor, kinesiology (anatomy) professor, and a humanities professor writing me letters (also a my boss from work and a DO for DO schools). My question is, does the kinesiology count towards the science requirement? I really don't have other options at this point so I am tad stressed about this.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Kines probably counts. What department is the class under?

Members don't see this ad :)
It was through the department of kinesiology which unfortunately branched from the department of education.
Kinesiology is listed as Other Science in AACOMAS so if your school will accept that as science faculty you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought most school for DO and MD requires 2 science professor letters and 1 physician letter.

I thought most school for DO and MD requires 2 science professor letters and 1 physician letter.
I have not seen many schools that require a physician letter outside of DO schools. Even then, most just prefer one.

I have not seen many schools that require a physician letter outside of DO schools. Even then, most just prefer one.
I see. I guess only DO school want physician letter.