Science letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

davidxavi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking at the Duke SOM website, and it says Duke requires 2 science letters of recommendation. I have a professor in mind whom I know very well and has offered to write me a LOR when the time comes. However, I don't hold a particularly have a second letter writer.

I did clinical research (retrospective outcomes study in surgery) for pass/fail credit through the department of biology. Would this suffice as a science LOR? How would this be viewed as a science rec, in conjunction with a more "expected" science rec? Thanks in advance.
 
Some schools want letters from professors but if that's not an option for you you could go with the clinical research PI. Check with each individual school.