Science Minor for Post-Grad Research Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Leumas8

Accepted MD
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that for med school, the general consensus is that a minor does nothing to help your application. My major is in health and I need one more class for a biology minor. My question is: do you think having the biology minor would help in any way possibly getting a research position as a job for my gap year? Thanks in advance.
 
I know that for med school, the general consensus is that a minor does nothing to help your application. My major is in health and I need one more class for a biology minor. My question is: do you think having the biology minor would help in any way possibly getting a research position as a job for my gap year? Thanks in advance.

It's irrelevant. What's relevant is the amount of actual research experience you have under your belt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To build off of @ready2go2's correct post, no one is ever going to look at a minor on an individual's resume and base a decision off of that (be it medschool admissions, employment, etc).

Pick up the minor if you want, but don't feel the need to.