Score voided...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool freak

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi sdn friends...
i gave my exam in april...everything went ok...after my break time...by mistake my cell went in my pocket..and i told them...i know i shouldn't have done that..but i thought when i didn't do anything il legal i have nothing to scare...i told them to check the cameras...And now i got a certified mail saying that my scores have been voided and worse..i can't appear for part 1 for AN YEAR!!!!...i'm so made with my self..this was my sccond attempt..i'm a foreign student...what should i do i'm so confused...i just can't brlieve this happened to me....plz anyone had a similar experience or know anything about this reply to this....thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry it played out like that, but that is why there are RULES. They have to void your scores, they really have no choice. It wouldn't be fair to future test takers or to those who went through similar experiences in the past.

so sorry to hear this man. i wish i could help you but i have never heard something like this.

is there any way you could appeal it?

good luck man.

Rare, but it does happen. Someone here posted a thread about getting voided for writing on the desk. Now that I can see...

Anyway...

What's done is done. You need to take a break and not do anything in haste right now.

I'm still not understanding exactly what happened. Did your phone ring during the exam? I guess I don't understand why you would tell them? It seems you were just trying to be honest and ethical. And you were punished for it.

Anyone know if this will affect the OP's chance at being admitted to a program?

I am truly sorry this happened to you. Keep your head up and know that you will get through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Members don't see this ad :)
ouch...that just SUCKS! sorry to hear about your situation...I cant even imagine your dissapointment...especially being a FTD!

Drill Doc- why would someone write on the desk??? They give you markers and those plastic sheets to write on....

anyways, this is just a very sad situation.

hi sdn friends...
i gave my exam in april...everything went ok...after my break time...by mistake my cell went in my pocket..and i told them...i know i shouldn't have done that..but i thought when i didn't do anything il legal i have nothing to scare...i told them to check the cameras...And now i got a certified mail saying that my scores have been voided and worse..i can't appear for part 1 for AN YEAR!!!!...i'm so made with my self..this was my sccond attempt..i'm a foreign student...what should i do i'm so confused...i just can't brlieve this happened to me....plz anyone had a similar experience or know anything about this reply to this....thanks in advance...

very sorry to know this......dont loose hope.God is there...
u cant change what has happened.......so,rather than getting depressed,
pls utilize this gap in getting some clinical experience in usa,since u r a ftd.it will help u to get into the school in future.......

Why would you even think about taking the phone inside with you!?!?!?!? It says in the agreement policy and not only that those people in the test center also tells you about it 100 times .
come on..............
Good luck on may of 2010

Why would you even think about taking the phone inside with you!?!?!?!? It says in the agreement policy and not only that those people in the test center also tells you about it 100 times .
come on..............
Good luck on may of 2010

I don't think he thought about taking the phone in with him. He said he did it by mistake...

Last edited:
come on..............
Good luck on may of 2010

She didn't "even think" about it. It was an accident. Maybe you have forgotten the stressfulness of that day?

I knew you couldn't take your pnone with you...it just went with me by mistake...my fault was i was honest...my pnone didn't ring..no call...i know its my mistake ..i can't blame anyone else..but i'll tell you guys..the pometric i went to was so lousy..it sucks..this guy over the counter who checks you in..didn't even tell me to sign in..I had to tell him ...forget about reminding me to check my pockets before i go in..i think ppl like this shouldn't be allowed to be there in the buisness...but as i said i can't blame anyone else..anyways..to future test takeers..don't rely on anyone..read everything carefully all your instructions.. i hope nobody gets into a situation like thgis ever..its so hard to deal with something like this...believe me...

and whats even distressing is the fact that the prometric center didn't even send in any report with the fact...i asked them to check my camera phone..if there was any kind of calls goning out or any kind of thing with my phone..there was nothing...

and whats even distressing is the fact that the prometric center didn't even send in any report with the fact...i asked them to check my camera phone..if there was any kind of calls goning out or any kind of thing with my phone..there was nothing...

No, what is distressing is that you think you should somehow be able to fight this when YOU broke the rules. I'm not saying you were being malicious, but the rule was broken. Take some responsibility for what happened and learn from it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry man , you should'nt be honest, this is nbde 1 .
be pacitent
.nobody can help you here in this forum.
you can study for part 2 (6-8) months its big exam, and you can study for a TOEFL too . Good luck and be aggressive

No, what is distressing is that you think you should somehow be able to fight this when YOU broke the rules. I'm not saying you were being malicious, but the rule was broken. Take some responsibility for what happened and learn from it.

Exactly :thumbup:.
Not to sound callous but you can't change anything now. You said it was your mistake and you blame none for it, so learn from it and move on. One year is bad but it could be worse. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.
Good luck

BTW, my last post may have sounded a little harsh, but I stand by it fully. From a personal point of view, I had a year in between taking the WREB licensure exam. I failed the first time by less than a point. It was a terrible year and the WREB was constantly in the back of my mind. I was in the middle of residency to boot, with the knowledge that if I failed it again I wouldn't have a job. So in a way I understand those feelings of despair that the OP is having.

I just have a quick question - when some one retakes the test, does the score from first attempt is also reported on score report??

I don't think he thought about taking the phone in with him. He said he did it by mistake...

Rightly said Superman !
People here on SDN might not know the circumstances and some criticise and a few say harsh but as such this forum in itself is to help out and maybe, be a little hope of light for those many who have to fight it the hard way !
So Cool freak dont loose your determination, its only human to make mistakes and we all do make errors at some point or the other and nobody will do something like this on purpose , but then its about principals and the rules that they have for each one of us !
Donot get disappointed and infact try to get the maximum out of this one yr break by doing some sort of preceptorship/observership/volunteer and keep this in mind.....Every dark cloud has a silver lining , so there might be something good masquerading behind this !
Goodluck to u !!!:thumbup:

No one is really assuming that the OP had any ill intentions when he brought his phone in. It could have been an honest mistake. It's a stressful day and it could have easily been overlooked. But the fact of the matter, is that he broke a rule, and there's nothing that he, or any of us, can do to change that.

Hello cool Freak,

Don't worry for what had happend and just utilze your time in studies, as well as gain some work experience so, that it will help to get into good college in near future. sometimes situation are out of our hand and let it go and think it was your nightmare.:confused:
so, just don't me depressed, meet your friends or relatives or just visit new places which will help you to forget all these. But after some time just be focussed on your aim and will be DENTIST soon :):):)
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: for your future.

guys he asked for advice for the future , do not worry about the past,

so I think you go ahead and do part 2, toffel , and if you can find a job as a dental assistant , observation ,research , even volentire , that would help with your resume , good luck , time is going fast and the year will go before you even think about it ..

So how will a voided score sit with an adcom?

Will she have the opportunity to explain the circumstances of the voiding?

Obviously it will have to be addressed in the application/interview.

I have zero tolerance for phones going off as a student, and I don't see anything wrong with how it was handled.

There are clearly printed rules, and if this exam was as important as the OP is acting like after the fact, then something as a cellphone, a source of annoyance for many, and rarely used for anything other than some level of socializing, would have been shut off and the batteries pulled. I'm sure if this happened to someone else, the OP would agree with the decision.

During my A and P course, thankfully, my teacher had a zero tolerance policy. Phone goes off, he stops the lecture until you get the **** out of the room and you get to lose attendence or credit for the day.

It also happened to one girl during a lab final, and he stopped it to throw her the hell out, thus failing her on the last day. The policies were clearly printed, and in line with the school policy, and she disrupted a final for other students with only one shot, so I have no trouble with it.

In all my years of school and using cell phones, I haven't had a mistake like this because I follow the rules.

I knew you couldn't take your pnone with you...it just went with me by mistake...my fault was i was honest...my pnone didn't ring..no call...i know its my mistake ..i can't blame anyone else..but i'll tell you guys..the pometric i went to was so lousy..it sucks..this guy over the counter who checks you in..didn't even tell me to sign in..I had to tell him ...forget about reminding me to check my pockets before i go in..i think ppl like this shouldn't be allowed to be there in the buisness...but as i said i can't blame anyone else..anyways..to future test takeers..don't rely on anyone..read everything carefully all your instructions.. i hope nobody gets into a situation like thgis ever..its so hard to deal with something like this...believe me...

Did you get admission though ?

no your fault was you brought a phone in with you

Reactions: 1 user