Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This topic hasn't been discussed in sometime, so I feel like it'd be good to start it up again, especially since it pertains to my situation.
I am in the Air Force, and I matched in to Trans. Yr Civilian Deferred this year. It took me by surprise, as I'm competitive, and I never saw civ. def. as an option for a PGY1 year, so I didn't apply for any civilian programs.
I found this out Dec. 15, after many programs' deadlines had passed.
Anyway, my plan now is to scramble for a PGY-1 prelim year in Medicine, then reapply next year FOR IMED (initially I went for EMED, very competitive in the AF, but blessing in disguise I didn't get it, because after two rotations I realize it's not for me).
My question is: how difficult is it scrambling for these PGY1 prelim years in med? Are there many available in all locations? Is there anyone who can tell me anything about it at all? I really don't know much about what I'm getting myself into and would like some guidance or words of wisdom.
If one wants to engage in prolonged one on one conversation, please feel free to PM me.
Thanks all.
Cheers,
Jake
I am in the Air Force, and I matched in to Trans. Yr Civilian Deferred this year. It took me by surprise, as I'm competitive, and I never saw civ. def. as an option for a PGY1 year, so I didn't apply for any civilian programs.
I found this out Dec. 15, after many programs' deadlines had passed.
Anyway, my plan now is to scramble for a PGY-1 prelim year in Medicine, then reapply next year FOR IMED (initially I went for EMED, very competitive in the AF, but blessing in disguise I didn't get it, because after two rotations I realize it's not for me).
My question is: how difficult is it scrambling for these PGY1 prelim years in med? Are there many available in all locations? Is there anyone who can tell me anything about it at all? I really don't know much about what I'm getting myself into and would like some guidance or words of wisdom.
If one wants to engage in prolonged one on one conversation, please feel free to PM me.
Thanks all.
Cheers,
Jake