scribeamerica initial exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuroluv16

Reaction score
so I have the initial exam for scribeamerica tomorrow, however I was confused. I was given a packet that included anatomy of several parts of the body, and a lot more material like innervation and motion for several parts of the body because I will be in the orthopedic surgery department. Everywhere I look online it says that the initial exam is just on the medical terminology/medical abbreviations. Is it a standardized test with just those two components or will they test the other parts as well? It seems a bit excessive given they have barely given me any time since the interview. I have the anatomy down but range of motion and orthopedic specific history is getting difficult to learn.

Members don't see this ad.

This would probably be a better question for your manager, but since I happen to have SA experience - there usually are *two* initial exams.

One general that everyone testing receives, likely from the A/P and med term packet you received. The other one is specialty-specific and includes terms more in depth to what you’ll actually be hearing in your specific clinic. So innervation and motion sound about right for an ortho surgery dpt. If it feels too much, ask for more time. You’ll be thrown to the wolves for having to pick up these terms from the doc when they spit it out at the patient, so learning it beforehand is in your best interest.

I was a cardiology scribe fo Scribe America and yes there is a general one and a specialty one. It took some effort yes it wasn't common sense but it didn't take more than a couple hours each day for 2 oe 3 days to learn. If you are smart enough for premed and make good grades then you can easily do this.

Reactions: 1 user
My practice site never bother to give a speciality exam lol