ScribeAmerica non-compete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmrf2613

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read multiple posts concerning non-compete clauses but just wanted some opinions on my situation.

I currently work for ScribeAmerica in the ED and drive over hour to work everyday and also only am able to get around one 12 hour shift a week. However, I found another hospital that employs scribes (different company) and is only a 20 min commute and a full time position. I spoke with the hiring coordinator today after submitting an application online and she asked me if I was aware of ScribeAmerica's noncompete clause. I am aware of it and let her know that, she said that she has hired scribes that have previously worked for ScribeAmerica and asked me if I would still like to proceed with the application process. I said yes as I really want to find a job closer to home and I need a full time position that my current job is not able to provide me. Has anyone had experience with this? I find it ridiculous that I have to worry about a non-compete when I'm trying to find a job that offers more pay and is closer. Is there a high chance that ScribeAmerica would seek legal action against me? I'm only part time and I'm not a chief scribe or a trainer nor have I been in the past.

I know this may be a difficult question to answer but I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this and had any issues.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry too much about it.
A large corporation is not all that likely to fuss over one employee who isn't stealing business away from them.

Reference: personal non-compete experience, when co. threatened, I pointed to legal precedent (Jimmy Johns) and they backed down

Reactions: 2 users