SDN called outWhich ADCOM is he talking about! Thoughts on this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Windom Earle

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Sorry about that typo. Here's the link:

Members don't see this ad.

sdn is a forum it's not a monolith, any one user, or anything. It doesn't make sense to talk about it as if it was one thing unless you wanted to criticize the forum format itself. Yes, you need your critical thinking goggles to interpret advice from the internet.

anyways, the video is BS lol. It would take too long to walk through all of the reasons. Not even just the SDN stuff. Not sure if this guy is selling something or just insanely out of touch with reality.

Also, apparently he's not aware of how the SDN badge verification system works.

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
there are 12K+ applicants with 3.8+ gpas.
Furthermore
He is literally the person he is criticizing. He sells coaching and consulting services. And all I can see is he is a resident and no other credentials.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
upload_2018-3-20_16-22-47.png

Reactions: 16 users
Lmfao he sells motivational speaking to premeds. Love it.

Reactions: 19 users
There are many real criticisms of the hive mind of SDN, However none of them are the ones he made.

Reactions: 8 users
there are 12K+ applicants with 3.8+ gpas.
Furthermore
He is literally the person he is criticizing. He sells coaching and consulting services. And all I can see is he is a resident and no other credentials.
He apparently "tells it like it is."

sdn is a forum it's not a monolith, any one user, or anything. It doesn't make sense to talk about it as if it was one thing unless you wanted to criticize the forum format itself. Yes, you need your critical thinking goggles to interpret advice from the internet.

anyways, the video is BS lol. It would take too long to walk through all of the reasons. Not even just the SDN stuff. Not sure if this guy is selling something or just insanely out of touch with reality.

Also, apparently he's not aware of how the SDN badge verification system works.
I'm glad to hear this. I haven't watched this video in particular but I do watch his videos occasionally.

Would you or another more educated about the process mind stating if he's credible enough to passively watch?

I'm glad to hear this. I haven't watched this video in particular but I do watch his videos occasionally.

Would you or another more educated about the process mind stating if he's credible enough to passively watch?
He lost all credibility when he displayed his ignorance about the prevelance of 3.8+ gpa students in the pool IMO. That is an easily verifiable fact. 12k out of 44k is not a small number. I would save your money and read through some of the guides on SDN.

Reactions: 2 users

He went to Stanford med and he's a gas resident in San Diego at an academic institution. So he's legit, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about in terms of medical school, studying, etc. because he obviously had to go through it and did it very well apparently.

So that's all well and good. Very commendable. I could never recommend someone pay for med school advice though. Theres just absolutely no reason to do that. His apparent inability to google things or comprehend how forums work is a little concerning.

Reactions: 21 users
He lost all credibility when he displayed his ignorance about the prevelance of 3.8+ gpa students in the pool IMO. That is an easily verifiable fact. 12k out of 44k is not a small number. I would save your money and read through some of the guides on SDN.
Oh I won't pay for advice on medical school admissions. I'm a money miser so I don't give out cash on things that I can get for free- ie on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I won't pay for advice on medical school admissions. I'm a money miser so I don't give out cash on things that I can get for free- ie on SDN.
Here is some real truth. There is no advice that fits all or no single trick to get into medical school. There are many different pathways and many of these options depend on your background, the state you live in , and your goals.

Here is a general set of principles.

do well in school
do well on mcat
Serve others
Be mature.
Stay out of trouble.
Do some research if you can.
Do stuff you enjoy that helps you grow as a person.
Apply early.

move to a less competitive state.

i accept money through paypal and bitcoin. Thanks!

Reactions: 28 users
:lol:
Okay, so I listened to the whole thing but I got sick with the camera waving around.

At 6:40 he openly states he has never been an "SDNer" never posted "in his entire life" ... so if he hasn't posted, hasn't read, hasn't done anything with SDN other than listen to other people whine about how "toxic SDN" is, how is he qualified to render an opinion? :rofl:

Seems like he is a humblebraggart ...

SDN can be toxic, so can reddit, so can OPM. But the collective information sharing, wisdom, sage-isms that are offered - mostly from a compassionate perspective - is priceless, and, free.

Reactions: 12 users
What's scarier than a LIE? It's HALF TRUTH.

What he said about 3.8 GPAers could be somewhat true. Even though we know 12k students are with 3.8 according to MSAR. But those 12k students are scattered throughout all schools, so chances are you really do know just a few people around you who has 3.8+ GPA. But to bluntly dismiss SDN for being completely BS? I'm sorry, until I got here, I didn't even know what the med school application should be. I (in my infinite wisdom) thought med school is sort of like college. You just apply to bunch of them and wait for the acceptance in your email.

I also checked out few other videos by that guy and I can honestly say that NOTHING NEW he says about being admitted to med school that I haven't learned on SDN in the past year or so. Combine it with that fact that he's selling his "Medical School App Services" and I see a biased opinion about SDN.

Reactions: 9 users
:lol:
Okay, so I listened to the whole thing but I got sick with the camera waving around.

At 6:40 he openly states he has never been an "SDNer" never posted "in his entire life" ... so if he hasn't posted, hasn't read, hasn't done anything with SDN other than listen to other people whine about how "toxic SDN" is, how is he qualified to render an opinion? :rofl:

Seems like he is a humblebraggart ...

SDN can be toxic, so can reddit, so can OPM. But the collective information sharing, wisdom, sage-isms that are offered - mostly from a compassionate perspective - is priceless, and, free.

He never said he hasn't read it...

I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he wasn't hawking his side hustle.

Valuable SDNers like @gonnif has benefited me and a boatload of other SDNers by providing free advice even though he could charge a fee for his invaluable advice...

Reactions: 6 users
FWIW, my first post here on SDN, was a humblebrag. Didn't mean it to be but WhoTH did *I* think I was?

Man, I think back to that post and my defensive responses :smack::bang:

It seems many come to SDN and do the same thing, then instead of taking a step back and asking why they got the response they did, they run and whine. Or the other crowd that wants to know why their 2.1 with no break from ugrad and a lousy MCAT with subsequently no volunteering/clinical/shadowing/leadership or any other type of positive indicator, won't get them into med school (they run and hide too).

I know I ran to my Kaplan instructors, and my cousin who is an adcom, nearly in tears! The horrors!!!

After a few months, I reread what I wrote and, well, I was ashamed. My post read wrong, my intent... well, wrong. I was probably one of the kind that this SDN youtuber/business dev dude would have preyed upon.

Those who come, read, digest and learn generally find SDN to be very helpful and ignore the obvious trolls and "Debbie Downers" ... I've even come to trust the guidance and wisdom of those couple of adcoms who chastised me early on... and many others.

So, thank you @Goro and @gyngyn and @QofQuimica for setting me straight ... all those years ago. I hope in some way it pays off <3

Yea.. When I first decided to pursue med school I was very late to the game. My premed department was completely useless and blew me off several times. Nobody in my family is white collar, let alone a physician, so I had to figure this stuff out on my own. While doing med school admissions research, you routinely come across channels like this, which are rife with followers/subs who constantly post things like "Hi I only have 72 college credits with a 2.2GPA :(( What are my chances at getting into a cardiology program?" The replies to which would read something like, "Get that up to a 2.7 and ur good! :thumbup:"

I knew nothing about the process, but I knew this was wrong. And more to the point, whatever kind of channel or site kept people this ignorant about the process is probably not worth paying much attention to. SDN, for all its faults, is a pretty freakin helpful resource.

It's also curious why this guy would rag on SDN considering a ton of his other advice (I just skimmed through his other vids on post baccs, Carib schools, undergrad prestige, URMs, etc) is almost identical to the predominant opinions on SDN regarding these topics. He seems much more sanguine on chances with lower GPA, which while I can appreciate, I'd much rather be reminded that your default setting for med school admissions should be pessimism no matter how impressive your stats are. Premeditatio malorum. At the end of the day, he does seem like a genuine guy who's trying to help people, but there's room for both.

"help people" but charges money... I'm kind of against him just because of this very reason. Not sure if its wrong of me to think like this though.

Reactions: 1 users
"help people" but charges money... I'm kind of against him just because of this very reason. Not sure if its wrong of me to think like this though.
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, perhaps to a fault

Reactions: 1 user
He did a video on why he charges money. He says that if we can drop hundreds of dollars on new shoes, we can do the same for our education

Which adcom is he talking about? 3.8 crap doesnt interest me as much as the adcom :D

Reactions: 3 users
Oh, so a guy peddling overpriced consultation services is trying to defame a website where people can find the same (or better) information for free? Color me surprised...

Reactions: 16 users
Would have been much more commendable if he didn't charge $1,500.00 to help pre-med students.

SDN may be harsh, but at least its free.

A legitimate problem one could have with SDN may be that its easy to compare yourself to other posters on this site which tends to be filled with many students who come from great schools, with great ECs, grades and a top MCAT. It certainly isn't representative of the population who apply to medical school, however, that isn't necessarily a bad thing as I'd rather be taking advice from that crowd. Watched a few of his videos before (never paid for anything, he has stuff on youtube); I definitely consider this site with a variety of views to be much more beneficial and would/have recommended it to other people interested in the process. I credit this site for giving me a guide on how to become much more competitive than I used to be.

His free videos on YouTube are pretty informative. And he has a bunch.

Lmfao he sells motivational speaking to premeds. Love it.

Reminds me of that "DoctorPremed" kid who got banned for trying to sell his services on this forum a few years ago. At least this kid is a resident(?). Dr. PreMed (he used his real name on here) was a MS2 at a DO school who got in on his second cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
How can he possibly know that the student scored 4 points higher by taking MCAT earlier than later??? Did she retake and got 4 points lower...? Wut...

is he URM? Stats? Complete date?

Riiiight.... let's pay $600 to listen to one guy that went through the process that apparently "knows all" and completely ignore the free resource of hundreds if not thousands of different medical school students and physicians that all have different perspectives and stories on how they got in.

Watched a number of his vids awhile back and he gives plenty of bad advice. Can't believe people pay him

Ha 9:05. 3.6 student here and I really don't study that much. Also the comments on the video were pretty funny. "They were mean to me."

Use him as a resource, absorb the free content and take his advice with a grain of salt. Just like with SDN and most resources this is a collaborate learning process where you will learn new things with failures along the way. If you need to be told how to integrate multiple resources as a student then you are behind the curve. Only snake oil salesmen sell a one med cures all.

Reactions: 7 users