SDN called outWhich ADCOM is he talking about! Thoughts on this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I mean.... maybe the person who told them that has a point....just maybe?
Might be onto something
There is a whole MCAT forum dedicated for MCAT related advice. Read through the high scoring threads and find the common themes.

I found every mcat test i could and took it under standard conditions. worked out well.
did you skip a formal content review ?

Members don't see this ad.

Might be onto something

did you skip a formal content review ?
I read through the pr books before doing the tests . I think I did a total of 30~ full lengtha about 2-3a week.

Reactions: 1 user
I read through the pr books before doing the tests . I think I did a total of 30~ full lengtha about 2-3a week.
Holy hell that must’ve been draining! If you don’t mind me asking, how’d you do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy hell that must’ve been draining! If you don’t mind me asking, how’d you do?
PM-ed because I want this thread to get back to what is important. Making fun of this dude.

Reactions: 12 users
Maybe I should start charging and pay off some of these undergrad loans.

I have an opinion on this. To see it you’re going to have to pay 1200$. Trust me it’s worth it.

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone notice the goatee in the add?
upload_2018-3-22_15-4-25.png

Reminds me of this.
ep19.png

Reactions: 4 users
Is it bad I was surprised he’s not ortho? Dude is yuuuuge

Members don't see this ad :)
The $250 class on how to "dominate the MCAT without an expensive prep class" is the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've seen in a long time.
I'm actually interested in purchasing this course. If you don't mind me asking, did you actually take the course and if so what about it was hilarious.
*Just asking to gauge whether or not I should purchase it*

I'm actually interested in purchasing this course. If you don't mind me asking, did you actually take the course and if so what about it was hilarious.

Please don't waste your $$. I'll bet everything he sells/proclaims on that course can be had for free at MCAT Discussions

Reactions: 1 users

The title is what he thinks is funny, not the class. It’s ironic because the guy is asking for 250$ for a supposedly cheap prep class. Depends on the person but for a lot of people 250$ isn’t cheap.

I don't think he's talking about a SDN ADCOM. He's talking about this dude;

If you're going to do a prep course, do a real prep course where you'll at least get access to FLs. Anything he says you can find for free on this site probably.

The title is what he thinks is funny, not the class. It’s ironic because the guy is asking for 250$ for a supposedly cheap prep class. Depends on the person but for a lot of people 250$ isn’t cheap.

A lot of the prep classes are ~$2k. Kaplan's private tutoring is almost $6k for the most expensive option. Not to mention those $10k and up private summer sessions in hotels that are out there. I could see marketing $250 as cheap... might not be normal people cheap, but it's only ~1/10 of $2k.

I'm starting to wonder if people would pay me for my lowly premed advice. I have a lot of credit card debt to pay off from this cycle... just saying. :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
I watched his MD vs DO vid. A couple viewers asked him about the merger. He had no idea what it was.

The Tai Lopez of medicine.

He's an actual doctor though. I think.
Watch the video closely. As the video of the original purpose of the thread states:

“He goes by studentdoctor something. He went to a DO school. And he provides advice. I did my research and he seemed failed out.”

SDN has helped more people last cycle than this dude will in his entire career....

Two things: In my teaching career, I have seen many inflated GPAs due to strategic choosing of classes as well as grade inflation. Additionally, there is a proverb that says something along the lines of the following: a fool cannot learn from a wiseman while a wiseman can learn from a fool.

I don't think he's talking about a SDN ADCOM. He's talking about this dude;

That makes it worse considering student doctor thompson is a pgy2 in anasthesia. So that makes the guys remark about him wrong.

That makes it worse considering student doctor thompson is a pgy2 in anasthesia. So that makes the guys remark about him wrong.
Well that’s who he’s talking about haha

This guy is full of bologna. I already called him out on a live stream he was having 2 years ago on YouTube. All the points he tries to sell to people you can learn here in 1 hour lol

I watched his MD vs DO vid. A couple viewers asked him about the merger. He had no idea what it was.

The Tai Lopez of medicine.

That doesn't mean he's not a real doctor. He matched before the merger so he can be forgiven (a little)

That doesn't mean he's not a real doctor. He matched before the merger so he can be forgiven (a little)

I don't doubt he's a real doc. I'm mocking the self-proclaimed pre-med expert for not having heard of something important to 1/4 of incoming US med students. The merger will likely alter future specialty options for pre-DO students.

I called him out!

At the 17 MINUTE MARK. He responds! Thoughts?

EDIT: Looks he deleted his video for some reason

He pretty much said the fact that 80% of accepted med students have a 3.8+ GPA is wrong because it is self-reported data. He claims that students can "opt" to put in their GPA, and those that do have a higher GPA.

I think it's completely wrong

He pretty much said the fact that 80% of accepted med students have a 3.8+ GPA is wrong because it is self-reported data. He claims that students can "opt" to put in their GPA, and those that do have a higher GPA.

That’s not true. The AAMC collects this info outright because they run AMCAS.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know a way to go through the Youtube archives? I'd love it if you all could've heard him

I love the back and forth. Please keep us updated, I unsubscribed to him after this thread exposed how disingenuous he was.

The optional-response data is the matriculant survey. The AAMC/AMCAS generated GPA and MCAT grids like this one are not self reported. It's 45% of admits had a 3.8+ last cycle, so not necessary at all, but also certainly not rare.