SDN Fairgrounds - 10th Annual Noob WW Game

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

If you elect me mayor, I promise to hunt down anyone who threatens to disturb the peace (looking at you wolves), to attempt to figure out the art of memes, and to lower the price of funnel cakes and deep fried Oreos! We all know we're paying way too much for those...
will there be taxes?

any freebies?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
free ride tickets??

and what tax rates are you proposing?
Yes! The people of the fair deserve some joy and entertinament in these trying times. While I feel that Beans campaign to lower food prices, while admirable, is not effective for the fair economy.

I am realizing I dont know much about tax rates. Is 10% a lot? Too little? What about 15%?

*insert gif about “how much could a banana be” but I’m on the mobile site right now 😭*
 
giphy.gif
 
Mayor is ideally supposed to be a trusted town leader. There is usually some extra power that comes with a mayor role - like breaking ties, or sending private messages to players, or adding info to the day/night write-ups. Or so I’ve heard.
so how do you feel so far?
 
At this rate, I'm probably inclined to vote for whoever @fruitsalad doesn't vote for. It sure feels like they are trying to find a mayor who will give them preferential treatment, and I don't want a mayor who will secretly be beholden to any individual villager 🤔
 
At this rate, I'm probably inclined to vote for whoever @fruitsalad doesn't vote for. It sure feels like they are trying to find a mayor who will give them preferential treatment, and I don't want a mayor who will secretly be beholden to any individual villager 🤔
spurs pls, i’m simply asking for more info on campaign pitches! and free is good!
 
At this rate, I'm probably inclined to vote for whoever @fruitsalad doesn't vote for. It sure feels like they are trying to find a mayor who will give them preferential treatment, and I don't want a mayor who will secretly be beholden to any individual villager 🤔
I PROMISE you, after last game, I will not be beholden to fruit whether I win their vote or not lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At this rate, I'm probably inclined to vote for whoever @fruitsalad doesn't vote for. It sure feels like they are trying to find a mayor who will give them preferential treatment, and I don't want a mayor who will secretly be beholden to any individual villager 🤔
If I'm elected mayor I promise to give everyone preferential treatment, whether they vote for me or not 🫡
 
Fair people and people of the fair:
200.gif


I humbly would like to give myself over as a possible leader. While no one person can fill Mr. Harlan’s shoes, his leadership kept the fair accessible for all. And while it hasn’t felt quite the same, I believe that to be because we have wolves in our midst. Wolves who may attempt to sabotage our rides, our food, and our way of life. If you elect me mayor I bring exactly one (1) game’s worth of experience, a feet first atittude, and ride tickets for all to the table. And I as I said before, this is the people’s fair, and I will do everything in my power to keep it that way.

Tax the rich! Tax the wolves!
excited patriarchy GIF by SAG Awards
*applause*
 
Yes! The people of the fair deserve some joy and entertinament in these trying times. While I feel that Beans campaign to lower food prices, while admirable, is not effective for the fair economy.

I am realizing I dont know much about tax rates. Is 10% a lot? Too little? What about 15%?

*insert gif about “how much could a banana be” but I’m on the mobile site right now 😭*
too little, too little!

Vive la résistance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While I am probably old enough to be a village elder, I’m not going to run for mayor since I’ve already missed so much, but I do think we’ve got some excellent candidates! I’m leaning Rae but I could go Beans or Apoptosis, do we need to have a final Mayoral debate?

Taxes? Wolves? Who threw up in the cotton candy machine? How many people actually like Ferris wheels anyway?
 
*taps old-timey microphone*

Hi everyone, I’m Indy. I’m a noob felled by Rae in my first game, but I think it’s made me stronger. While I’m not the mayor anyone wants, I might just be the mayor everyone needs in this trying time. I’m full of suspicion and spite, but we could harness that against the wolves 😝

Taxes will be 99.999999% on the rich and the wolves. I’d also be more than happy to make empty promises, including a hat for every person and animal alike, including my 1,001 ducks.

Below is a photo of my cat Moop. She would be very sad and hatless if you didn’t vote for me, but she’d understand too.
IMG_0426.jpeg
 
*taps old-timey microphone*

Hi everyone, I’m Indy. I’m a noob felled by Rae in my first game, but I think it’s made me stronger. While I’m not the mayor anyone wants, I might just be the mayor everyone needs in this trying time. I’m full of suspicion and spite, but we could harness that against the wolves 😝

Taxes will be 99.999999% on the rich and the wolves. I’d also be more than happy to make empty promises, including a hat for every person and animal alike, including my 1,001 ducks.

Below is a photo of my cat Moop. She would be very sad and hatless if you didn’t vote for me, but she’d understand too.
View attachment 407836
What did you do with her legs???
 
Aha!! More worthy opponents.

My continued offerings:
Free ride tickets
Wolf tax
Hats for ALL animals, not just ducks (except wolves)
One free corn dog and cotton candy per fairgoer
24 hour fair service
Free fair T-shirt
A brand new community center
Updated fair grounds

And might I add, I survived until the last round in the previous game. I’m a strong player, despite my lack of experience.

A VOTE FOR RAE IS A VOTE FOR FAIR DAYS
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Taxes will be 99.999999% on the rich and the wolves. I’d also be more than happy to make empty promises, including a hat for every person and animal alike, including my 1,001 ducks.

Hats for ALL animals, not just ducks (except wolves)

If you’re elected mayor, how will your “all animals” different from my “all animals”??? 🤔🤔