SDN iPhone App Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Ducky

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well, I love using the SDN app! It's quite useful and convenient. However, I looked around, and I didn't see a thread that addresses suggestions for minor improvements. I just had a few:

1. Make the use of emoticons easier. Possibly allowing a comprehensive list or section that can be pulled up.

2. Integrating the use of notifications or badges when a new post occurs in a thread you are subscribed to.

Any other suggestions???

Members don't see this ad.

It would be nice if you could see and participate in polls as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
My SDN app always automatically scrolls to the most recent post in a thread. I think most people might find this useful, but it is kind of annoying if you are trying to read an entire thread from the beginning. Is there a way to turn it off? I might just be missing something.

My SDN app always automatically scrolls to the most recent post in a thread. I think most people might find this useful, but it is kind of annoying if you are trying to read an entire thread from the beginning. Is there a way to turn it off? I might just be missing something.

Go to More --> Settings --> Loading Behavior --> Oldest Post

You can set it to begin at the oldest post by going into settings and changing "Loading Behavior".

my two suggestions were:

1. make the year visible in the post date (can't tell if you're responding to something from 5 years ago or not) and
2. make the app recognize SDN links, so that if u click a link that is of another thread on SDN it will load in the app and not the browser.

my two suggestions were:

1. make the year visible in the post date (can't tell if you're responding to something from 5 years ago or not) and
2. make the app recognize SDN links, so that if u click a link that is of another thread on SDN it will load in the app and not the browser.

#2.

How bothersome. I just wanna click all the links.

Hey everyone,

Well, I love using the SDN app! It's quite useful and convenient. However, I looked around, and I didn't see a thread that addresses suggestions for minor improvements. I just had a few:

1. Make the use of emoticons easier. Possibly allowing a comprehensive list or section that can be pulled up.

2. Integrating the use of notifications or badges when a new post occurs in a thread you are subscribed to.

Any other suggestions???

Badges please! :D

Since the SDN app is based off of tapatalk (also a standalone app) I'm not sure how much control SDN has over adding new features.

Adding MDApps would be nice. Plus normal bug fixes.

Since the SDN app is based off of tapatalk (also a standalone app) I'm not sure how much control SDN has over adding new features.

We contracted with them and paid them to make it. We can ask for whatever we want...whether they can do it or not is another story.

my two suggestions were:

1 is an awesome idea.

2 has already been requested of the developers by me...it's hugely annoying the way it works now...not sure what the time frame is for implementation and upgrade though.

And as Saggy said, this thread has already been bumped to the attention of the powers that be.

I love the suggestions I've read so far!

But the routing to the newest post is not very annoying. I find it very useful since, unlike the online version, the app doesn't show the thread page numbers for you to click on. Just click the double left arrow within the thread and it will bring you right to the first page of the thread... Piece of cake.

Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile

Bumping to suggestion something new. How about allowing gifs to play instead of showing a single image. It sucks to have to open the browser to see what someone posted.