SDN Pre-Vet Secret Santa 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
5d94c2cfa0813a47d427a2c20941790b.gif

The Spiel:
Welcome to the fifth(ish) annual pre-vet Secret Santa!

For those not familiar with the idea, Secret Santa is a gift exchange where you are anonymously matched to another participant and buy them a gift. Of course, the fun part is, you also receive a gift from an anonymous Secret Santa who has extensively stalked researched your preferences and picked out something juuussst right. (Check out the threads from 2020 and 2019 if you're confused). This is the second year we'll be using Elfster, and it seems to work pretty well...some minor hiccups here and there but we should be able to get those sorted this time!

The Rules & Expectations:
If you sign up, you are expected to send a gift... or one of the participants will be sad and left out. Don't do this. You will be shamed.

Obviously, those running the event will need your address for this. This information will not be distributed to anyone else beyond your Secret Santa, but you have to be OK with me knowing where you live. :ninja:

Suggested gift value is approximately $20-25; there is no limit, per se, nor are you required to spend that much - just generally try and be reasonable. :) Handmade gifts are awesome!

If you sign up and are not an SDN regular, please toss me a PM just confirming your interest. We want to be inclusionary but don't want anyone to sign up on a whim, then never follow through, so you'll confirm you're legit (and that you read the rules) if you do this. ;)

The Deadlines
Please add your name to the list below to sign up by midnight on Friday, December 10th. I will be starting a PM with the participants to share the link to the Elfster gift exchange, so make sure you check your PMs after you sign up. You have until the 12th to sign up on Elfster. Make sure you fill out your wishlist so your Santa has some idea of what to get you! Matches should go out on the 13th.

I am extending the gift deadline this year since we're getting started late - please ship by December 31st. You should be able to indicate on the Elfster site that you have sent your gift (and provide a tracking number).

The Participants - Sign Up here!
etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
The Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley

The Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley
7. Zeppy

The Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley
7. Zeppy
8. Snuggs

The Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley
7. Zeppy
8. Snuggs
9. Trilt

The Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley
7. Zeppy
8. Snuggs
9. Trilt
10. shelter

Me!! This is always my favorite every year :)

Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley
7. Zeppy
8. Snuggs
9. Trilt
10. shelter
11. cyndia

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I love doing this every year.

Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley
7. Zeppy
8. Snuggs
9. Trilt
10. shelter
11. cyndia
12. SAR
13. katashark

Reactions: 1 users
I'll probably regret this, haha, but since I'm still bummed about missing out on the snacks one this year...

Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley
7. Zeppy
8. Snuggs
9. Trilt
10. shelter
11. cyndia
12. SAR
13. katashark
14. Silverrains

Participants
1. vmh
2. finn
3. Samac
4. Ski
5. Wonder
6. Alley
7. Zeppy
8. Snuggs
9. Trilt
10. shelter
11. cyndia
12. SAR
13. katashark
14. Silverrains
15. Vet01

Reactions: 1 user
I'm told things are arriving in a couple different boxes, so this adorable ring/jewelry holder is part one! Thank you so much @silverrains, I love it!!

View attachment 347066
You're welcome! Turns out that what I originally thought was going to be three packages... is now six. Looks like all but one of the remaining ones should be there very soon (the last is running a bit late :().

I normally prefer to have everything come here first so that I can ship it all out in one go with some additional goodies, but wasn't able to do that this year. Uh. Apologies in advance for the deluge of boxes and packing materials!

• Care
  • Haha
You're welcome! Turns out that what I originally thought was going to be three packages... is now six. Looks like all but one of the remaining ones should be there very soon (the last is running a bit late :().

I normally prefer to have everything come here first so that I can ship it all out in one go with some additional goodies, but wasn't able to do that this year. Uh. Apologies in advance for the deluge of boxes and packing materials!
No worries at all! I will be out of town for a couple days at the end of the week so might find some waiting for me when I return!

Also, Gandalf says thank you for the toys :love:
20211221_220645.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I did not participate in secret santa this year, but I am following along because it is such a pleasure to see the pictures and how much students/vets across the country support each other! I look forward to doing this next year when I'm a 1st year 🐰🐢🐤🐸🦜

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Santa @samac came this year,
to bring good tidings and Christmas cheer.

Alas, the old cat on the bed slept all day.
Come on Biz, it's Christmas come out and play!

With a yawn and a stretch Bizzle ventured to the room,
Where her corgi sister Lottie was trying hard not to zoom.

Tweet tweet was the sound drifting to her kitty ears,
As she snuggled the humming bird she now held dear.

Unwrapping her gift little Lottie did see,
A buck toothed creature that nibbles on trees.

And so I sit, with a tea cup in hand,
Another Christmas has gone, and it was sure grand.

Merry SDN Christmas to those far and near.
The countdown has begun, hope to see you next year!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Bizzle and Lottie enjoying their presents. Thank you @samac
20211225_102538.jpg
20211225_091948.jpg

Attachments

• 20211225_190911.jpg
    20211225_190911.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 54
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
"Oh, hi. Box for me?"
20211229_145010.jpg

"Ew. Nasty tea! I guess the human can have these..."
20211229_145319.jpg

"...and this, too. I can't read."
20211229_145546.jpg

"BUT THIS ONE IS MINE."
20211229_145603.jpg

"Thanks @Zeppelyn for the toys and yummy treats! Oh, and the weird human stuff."
20211229_145736.jpg

"OH MY GOD I LOVE MY NEW TOYS!"
20211229_150111.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
By the way, heads up to my Santa that I believe I got all of the gifts they sent but I'm out of town right now so have only had a chance to open one (the others got delivered to the office after I left).