SDN Secret Snackers!

Started by cdo96
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oh my gosh, whoever sent this stuff to me, it's like, SO MUCH!!!! Thank you!! There is so much here, can't wait to dig into it while running the Neuro show without students on clinics!

Gd1Ap9H.jpg

Everything in the box.

zsnKAoA.jpg

Puppy already more compliant than the cat.

B1spHAp.jpg

Thanks for turning around Ridley.
Multiple New Orleans-style chips and a Louisiana hot sauce. Sounds like you need to do some sleuthing :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I keep forgetting to post this but thank you @StartingoverVet for the trail mix!! I've never tried one like this but I love it. I gave about half of it to my bf since he's now on a shelter-in-place order but I've been slowly whittling away at the rest.

FIVE POUNDS OF TRAIL MIX
View attachment 299687
it looks as big as it sounded. Happy you enjoyed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@supershorty the box came at the best time. Rough day at work and I love every snack in the box! Kit Kat’s are liiiifffeee. Thank you so much!

And to my secret snack person yours is going on the mail tomorrow I have two more things to get before sending it out.
 

Attachments

  • 950E9345-1F2C-4BCB-9987-EF1370E83A19.jpeg
    950E9345-1F2C-4BCB-9987-EF1370E83A19.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 221
Hi I’m a horrible human but I just placed my order! I saw my texts brainstorming with CDO when I went to send her my switch code
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks to my secret snacker for the big package of perfect snacks that I love! I didn't recognize your name on the return address as a username, I think it was a last name, so I can't address you specifically, but thank you so much!!!!

ETA I have an inkling of who it might be based on location but I didn't want to assume 🙂

ETAx2 my snackee packages have not yet gone out. So if you haven't yet got one, don't worry, you haven't been forgotten.
 
Last edited:
Got my snacks today! Thanks, @Barkley13 !

(Please ignore all the **** on the kitchen table in these photos)
20200501_181242.jpg

Not gonna lie, I basically cried when I saw the Boom Chicka Pop because I have only been able to find the snack size bags ONCE and otherwise can't find it anywhere in town 😢

Also it was super hot today and I waited a bit to check the mail - I don't THINK the kit Kats were melty from my brief inspection, but I enjoy them cold anyway so I tossed them in the freezer just in case. 😛


20200501_181302.jpg

"Hey... Some of that looks like it's for me"
*puts entire head on top of the popcorn to try to get dog treats*

20200501_181325.jpg

Sitting very nicely for his treats

Cheese will be very appreciative of his crunchies, but as these are the same kind that I have literally seen him eat through a carrier for, I have hidden them carefully for now so he doesn't kick my ass to get them. :laugh:

He is currently trying to dismantle his automatic cat feeder as we speak, so hopefully he won't notice they're in the house until after I get back from McDonald's. Will post update photos of him enjoying them (assuming I survive the encounter).
 
Got my snacks today! Thanks, @Barkley13 !

(Please ignore all the **** on the kitchen table in these photos)
View attachment 304884
Not gonna lie, I basically cried when I saw the Boom Chicka Pop because I have only been able to find the snack size bags ONCE and otherwise can't find it anywhere in town 😢

Also it was super hot today and I waited a bit to check the mail - I don't THINK the kit Kats were melty from my brief inspection, but I enjoy them cold anyway so I tossed them in the freezer just in case. 😛


View attachment 304885
"Hey... Some of that looks like it's for me"
*puts entire head on top of the popcorn to try to get dog treats*

View attachment 304886
Sitting very nicely for his treats

Cheese will be very appreciative of his crunchies, but as these are the same kind that I have literally seen him eat through a carrier for, I have hidden them carefully for now so he doesn't kick my ass to get them. :laugh:

He is currently trying to dismantle his automatic cat feeder as we speak, so hopefully he won't notice they're in the house until after I get back from McDonald's. Will post update photos of him enjoying them (assuming I survive the encounter).
Update, the committee decided that one measly dog treat was not sufficient, so the dog ate your card while I was grabbing fast food. This is why I didn't leave any actual treats on the counter!
 
20200502_014201.jpg

Also sitting nicely for his crunchies
20200502_014206.jpg

"You are too slow, crunchies NOW!"

Anyway, he is trying to acquire some crunchy dust by biting my fingers as I type this on my phone, so it is safe to say he appreciates the offering and will expect more sent on a monthly schedule henceforth. You know, as a proper tribute to his greatness.
 
Thanks to my secret snacker for the big package of perfect snacks that I love! I didn't recognize your name on the return address as a username, I think it was a last name, so I can't address you specifically, but thank you so much!!!!

ETA I have an inkling of who it might be based on location but I didn't want to assume 🙂

ETAx2 my snackee packages have not yet gone out. So if you haven't yet got one, don't worry, you haven't been forgotten.



Yeah I didn’t include a card. I figured the return would give it away. Also I’m lazy :laugh:
 
Yeah I didn’t include a card. I figured the return would give it away. Also I’m lazy :laugh:

No matter, you're the best! Thanks again :cat: (I hope you are well, and your loved ones in NY! Mine out there haven't been quite lucky but are doing okay thankfully!)
 
Thanks @Balesofhay for the snacks! I love chocolate peanuts and gummy worms!

View attachment 305014
Marshall tried so hard to be patient for the picture, and I think this one best expresses his "Mom, are we done yet? Can I please eat the treat now?" attitude. 😛
There’s more coming too! It said it wasn’t supposed to be delivered for a couple weeks so I’m surprised some of it got there joe!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, for the big dog, quality isn't much of an issue. He'll eat his seizure pill just as a bare tablet, so I don't believe he has any actual taste buds.
But the little dog is picky, and he eats these!
My idiot lab will eat melatonin capsules like they're Cheetos.

Green beans on the other hand, actual poison.
 
My idiot lab will eat melatonin capsules like they're Cheetos.

Green beans on the other hand, actual poison.
My husband once fed Marshall a tiny bit of wasabi, just to prove to me that he wouldn't eat everything. Marshall visibly winced, powered it down, sneezed half a dozen times, then asked for more.
 
I got a box today!! Thank you, thank you to my snacker (I didn’t find your username on the card so I don’t know who to tag, although I have a hunch)! This could not have come at a better time since my computer is dead and I was crying over the potential loss of my written prelims, and then a box arrived with snacks and a cuddly scarf 😍

Thank you! You rock!
 

Attachments

  • F7B373A4-1A3A-447C-B699-6BAF1E19F2A9.jpeg
    F7B373A4-1A3A-447C-B699-6BAF1E19F2A9.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 154