SDN Studs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drPLUM

Got your tickets?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I just got done reading the "where did you match? post your stats" (or something like that) thread from last year. Wow! You SDN 1st year residents are complete studs! I'm surprised that I'm interviewing at some of the same places that you guys did. If these places are matching studs like Andy, Yaah, deschutes, etc then I may have to expand my rank/interest list :)

Seriously though, I'm not trying to freak everyone out or anything. I know this is the reason nobody wants to post their stats because applicants will freak out and stuff. I just wanted to pass around the high- fives and say that I hope to look through a multiheaded scope with some of you someday. :D

Members don't see this ad.

deschutes said:
I only remember making some people mad because I posted my rank list in code AFTER rank-list day :smuggrin:

I never did figure out what some of those places were.

Members don't see this ad :)
beary said:
I never did figure out what some of those places were.
Me neither. Some of them were pretty inventive. I think people were actually talking about moose. Mooses? Meese?

Mine:

#1 U Me = a play on my name
#2 Skyscraper Lake U = Northwestern Chicago
#3 Cornfield U = there can only be one!! ;)
#4 U of Rhett Butler = Charleston, South Carolina
#5 Wendy's U = Ohio State - Columbus is the birthplace of Wendy's and they have one in the hospital
#6 U of Combat Zone = Wayne State, Detroit
#7 U of Fried Chicken = Kentucky

Yeah what was the moose one? Wasn't that andy's?

A few people mentioned moose. Something makes me want to say Dartmouth, but my northeastern geography sucks.

Andy's had towns/cities ranked by cost of living - and amount demanded by panhandlers. ("Got fiddy sent?")

Pingu said:
Yeah what was the moose one? Wasn't that andy's?
I actually posted my rank list ON rank list day so this discussion is moot. But anyways, Moose wasn't my term. That term referred to Dartmouth, I believe.

I was responsible for the Meese and am pleased that said Meese have made another appearance. What AndyM said is correct. :D

deschutes said:
Mine:

#6 U of Combat Zone = Wayne State, Detroit
QUOTE]

Ha! That is awesome!

I think someone had a "Snowbelt University" or something like that in reference to Rochester, NY! Joedogma, perhaps?

deschutes did have some classics! ;)

joedogma said:
1) University of Lake Effect
2) Genius in da Hood
3) Moose College
4) Football>>>All University
5) Pretentious Snob University
6) Homer Simpson has Lipoma Medical Center
7) Burner's River
8) Thou shalt not leave before 11PM, unless on CP...then don't bother comin'
Pingu said:
1. Playa's Play University
2. University of the Grassy Knoll
3. Sorority Girls University
4. University of the Vulcan
5. Mrs. Puffs Boating School
I mean, like, WTF?? :laugh:

What I never understood was how Rochester was unanimously voted U of Lake Effect when there are like FIVE of them Great Lakes and a significant number of popular programs in lakeside cities (e.g. Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Syracuse, Buffalo).

But like I said previously, my northeastern geography sucks.

I have nothing important to say at the moment... It just seems natural for me to be part of any thread so entitled. Also, I'm creeping ever closer to 100 posts. :laugh:

My list was So easy!!!

1. Playa's play - references the song, welcome to atlanta by jerome dupree
which says "welcome to atlanta where the playa's play...."

Thus: Emory

2. Grassy Knoll - Kennedy was shot from the grassy knoll in Dallas

Thus: UT southwestern

3. Sorority Girls - Where i am at now has like 15 female residents and 3 male

4. University of the Vulcan- Birmingham Alabama has a famous statue of vulcan.

Thus UAB

5. Mrs Puffs Boating School- Charleston is right on a harbor

Thus MUSC

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I don't exactly remember what my list was with respect to cryptic names but I think I used "Rice-A-Roni" to refer to UCSF (since rice-a-roni IS the san francisco treat!) and "Got fiddy cent?" to refer to Hopkins. The latter was based on first hand experience. Having gone to Hopkins for undergrad, it seemed that wherever I would be walking around, there was always some panhandler or homeless person who would ask, "Got fiddy cent?" Of course, there's the matter of economic inflation...so maybe the panhandlers/homeless folk go around asking people, "I need about tree fiddy."

AndyMilonakis said:
Yeah, I don't exactly remember what my list was with respect to cryptic names but I think I used "Rice-A-Roni" to refer to UCSF (since rice-a-roni IS the san francisco treat!) and "Got fiddy cent?" to refer to Hopkins. The latter was based on first hand experience. Having gone to Hopkins for undergrad, it seemed that wherever I would be walking around, there was always some panhandler or homeless person who would ask, "Got fiddy cent?" Of course, there's the matter of economic inflation...so maybe the panhandlers/homeless folk go around asking people, "I need about tree fiddy."

Tell me about it - after my interview there I went downtown it was insane. More panhandlers than tourists.

I ranked Dominos U my #1.

yaah said:
Tell me about it - after my interview there I went downtown it was insane. More panhandlers than tourists.

I ranked Dominos U my #1.
Actually, it's Dominick's U! :thumbup:

Dude, have you gone to Dominick's by now?

I will have to work on nicknames for my faves. Does BWH have a nickname? I guess Cornfield U was already named. :rolleyes:

beary said:
I will have to work on nicknames for my faves. Does BWH have a nickname? I guess Cornfield U was already named. :rolleyes:
It did have a nickname...but I didn't want anyone to know what my #1 choice was back then. So, I gave BWH a completely random name that couldn't be guessed. Of course, I told a few of you what this #1 choice was and one of these people made it clear that they had no idea what I was talking about.

That was the point, dummy ;) !

deschutges, i can't take your posts seriously anymore. everytime i see a post of yours, there is that picture of that ridiculous mutt! :p

AndyMilonakis said:
deschutges, i can't take your posts seriously anymore. everytime i see a post of yours, there is that picture of that ridiculous mutt! :p
Well, you clearly take my posts waaaaaay too seriously if you insist on diagnosing-categoriznig every neural tube defect that comes along in casual conversation.

deschutes said:
Well, you clearly take my posts waaaaaay too seriously if you insist on diagnosing-categoriznig every neural tube defect that comes along in casual conversation.
:confused:

i haven't mentioned a single NTD. that's really random, puppy.