SDN user name - what does your user name mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine is from a Yu-Gi-Oh! "monster" I really liked the name and I liked the way the card looks. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to post in a football forum(actually still do), VikingsOwnPackers was my sn, i shortened it to VOP

Inside joke with my best friend. We're "married" to each other but we're both girls and couldn't decide who is the husband or the wife so we settled on hubife. But that sounded nasty and not pretty so it went to Hifey (husband + wifey). We call each other that all the time and it is WEIRD when we use our real names.

Well he just drove off sometimes life's okay.

I'm a pretty big Star Trek fan (also not in a weird way), especially Deep Space 9, so mine's for Dr. Julian Bashir.

Members don't see this ad :)
the reptar bar is a vert skate trick. no, its not a reference to rugrats.

I'm pretty much addicted to hoodies. You'd be hard pressed to find a time when I'm not all snuggled up in one. :thumbup:

I think it might actually be spelled hoodie and not hoody. idk. :oops:

I currently attend Oakland University and live in Oakland County. I am also a male.

When I signed up for a yahoo.com e-mail account back in like, 1998, I clicked generate name for me and this is what it spit out. It kind of grew on me and now I use it for anything that I sign up for.

SteinUmStein means "Stone by Stone" in German, which describes the painfully long process of building up a medical school application. Ironically, the house built "stone by stone" in the song then traps the person inside, so they are encased in a prison of their own making. The medical profession, yes? :laugh:

Here's the song with its lyrics in English:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzuc8hQ7ZQA

For some strange reason, people think my user name represents a person's name, when it obviously stands for Bizarre, Over Burdened, Severely Mentally Impaired Tree Hugger.

Duh.

Anyone ever play Red Baron on their old 386 or 486? Well Limvostov IV is what my 10-year old self thought would be a cool WWI pilot's name. The IV just took too long to type so I changed it to plain old Limvostov.
red_baron.jpg

Life was better then...

For some strange reason, people think my user name represents a person's name, when it obviously stands for Bizarre, Over Burdened, Severely Mentally Impaired Tree Hugger.

Duh.

I was totally thinking this!

Is your SN from Dead Poet's Society?

No. I'm going to make you scroll and read my first post above.

I'm a redhead and dang proud
I am also a redhead. How interesting!

While I was loading Halo to my PC a few years ago, I went to go do something. When I came back, my dad had created an account named Nuneyah and was trying to play the campaign (he sucked).

I was like,
"Wow! 'Noon-yuh!' What a cool name! How did you come up with that?"
"Noon-yuh? It says Nun-uh-yuh, like 'Nun-uh-yuh business.'"
"No?? That's lame."

So I've used it ever since, pronounced Noonyuh, because it sounds cool. (I don't see how anyone could get nun-uh-ya out of that! But it happens.)

World of Warcraft! My avatar is a Night Elf druid (healer)

Because this has been my anonymous handle since I was, oh..14 or so.

However, the original idea was: futile, resistance is.

Another sci-fi geek here.

I have two kids, and their toys break/rip sometimes. When I fix them, I am the "doctor" for them. :)

Last edited:
Because this has been my anonymous handle since I was, oh..14 or so.

However, the original idea was: futile, resistance is.

Another sci-fi geek here.

Is your avatar from Blade Runner? It's been bugging me for a while now...

By the way, Deckard was a replicant.

I had a band (guys playing instruments in the same room) in high school (it was the 90s, everyone did). At a (the only) show (one song, "creep" by STP) the singer (the worst guitar player) introduced (took longer than the song) me (whiter than you can imagine) as Hector, the booty inspector (a la Mark Wahlberg and the Funky Bunch).

219 stands for S.S., Sophomore Society. It was from a book, and the numbers were inspired by the rumors about 311. 219 (the club) was the same as Little Wooden Boy (the band, The Tick reference). We TPed houses(and begged mom to not make us clean them up in the morning) and left home made business cards (DOT MATRIX!) that said "you've been hit by the SS, it was a pleasure doing business with you," believing that that would also tie in the German Schutzstaffel, inspiring fear and trepidation (sarcasm) in our targets(girls we liked). Oh, high school.

(despite two apparently bigotrous references, there was no hint of racism or xenophobia in our shenanigans)

mine's completely sorority related...first thing I thought of

Nickname and age...

From a Nathaniel Hawthorne short story called "Young Goodman Brown" (Wikipedia or entire story [no more copyright, so it's not illegal]).

He's a young Puritan dude who goes into the woods to participate in a Satanic ritual. He sees his wife, the minister, and lots of townfolk. At the last second, he calls out to God to save him. The next second, he wakes up in the forest. He has no idea if what he saw was real or a dream. The rest of his life, he's bitter and cynical because he suspects everyone around him of being a Satanist.

So, yeah, now that I think about it, it's not such a cheerful tale. I still like the story though, and if you ask Medicinesux or anyone in the Anesthesiology forum, the tale is probably allegorical of medicine from beginning to end. ;)

Last edited:
I'm a Washington University in St. Louis bear!

pg12.jpg

mine is a certain college bar's spinoff of my school's cheer

My favorite T-Shirt sold at Bear's Lair by far!

curb your enthusiasm

YESSSS!!!!! I LOVE this show. The "Denise Handicap" is my favorite episode of all time.

Also, I don't think mine could be any more transparent. LOL

Last edited:
ex-semi-pro paintball player sponsored by Dye Paintball with 21 national events participated in (one placing as #1 w00t)

The book Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer was the first thing I saw while thinking of a name...plus I have the option to just start posting in all caps if I feel like messing with people

Mine is an AIM screenname I made when I was 15 years old. I decided to bring back this cutesy, frilly monstrosity just for SDN.

Apoptosis, my favorite self-destruction mechanism.
And I want the same to happen on all iPod.

iPodtosis = Next research focus for Jobs :thumbup: