SDN user name - what does your user name mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious why people picked their User name.
I am a student at CCLCM. Not the most original user name, but descriptive and accurate. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

^ I wonder what this name means.

Members don't see this ad :)
My username means absolutely nothing.

It was a nickname I got in middle school during wrestling. My last name is Mahn, so they called me the Mahnster. It seemed cool then, and I've basically used it for everything since, I just add significant numbers, like 13, which happens to be my favorite number and my class at the UW ;)

Zephyr means "gentle breeze" though I am by no means gentle myself. BME is well, BME.

Well, my brother used to play computer cames under the name phillydoodles... and then I started using something similar. I've been playing counterstrike with it since 1.5. And i use it pretty much on every forum i go to. So if you're in other forum with a Doodles, it may be me. The 3 in Doodl3s only comes in when "Doodles" is taken. Again, using 3 for e i got from learning leetspeak from being a computer gaming. God I'm an effin' nerd :prof:

Centurion Lucius Vorenus
Legio XIII Gemina

:O

lion.jpg

Mine is one I chose as an @aol email address over ten years ago, and was easy for other whitewater kayakers to remember. "River" obviously refers to my love for being on the river, and the "Jib" was a boat that Perception (now Dagger) made in 1998 or 1999. Long story, but companies found a new manufacturing method and were vying to make the smallest boat possible, so that kayakers could do really cool tricks. The Jib was a horrifically failed attempt. Most competitors (mostly male) couldn't squeeze into these early models. I was 19, 5'3" and 110 pounds, and made this boat look good, so they actually gave it to me for free in hopes that other women would be drawn to the sport.

So in the midst of a huge whitewater release on the Ocoee, or Gauley, or huge river, it was really easy to tell new people I met on the river that my email address was "[email protected]," since they could easily remember it. Years later, every other name has been taken by someone interested in SOMETHING, but riverjib is usually free. Hence the name...hopefully it will remain pretty unique :)

Zephyr means "gentle breeze" though I am by no means gentle myself. BME is well, BME.
Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder
Do my tears of mourning sink beneath the sun
Shes got herself a universe gone quickly
For the call of thunder threatens everyone

Is this from HBO's Rome? I was totally into that show. I wish it would've continued.

Yesss!
I heard they ran out of money :(
There was so much more they could have done with after Augustus becoming Emperor

so sad...

Members don't see this ad :)
My username is just my IM name....and I want to change it to something more fitting.

But I heard you have to donate money to do that. Anyone know how much?

...kansaskid. I'm from kansas and want to be a pediatrician, also I'm just a kid at heart too =D

Carpe dium = seize the dayy baby! Same as my tat :)

Maybe you're being sarcastic and I'm just not picking up on it, but I could have sworn it was Carpe Diem...

Maybe you're being sarcastic and I'm just not picking up on it, but I could have sworn it was Carpe Diem...

I hope it's not misspelled on the tat :/

Very sad indeed. :( There were so many emperors to go!

If they had an unlimited budget can you imagine what they could have done with 400 more years of history
Longest running show ever?
Sadly more people prefer to watch reality shows
oh well :(

If I had a misspelled tat it would make me feel very diumb.:)

I honestly think the worst offence to spelling is when people misspell "misspell" as "mispell" when they're correcting someone's spelling D:
I am always ever vigilant :D

Last edited:
I honestly thing the worst offence to spelling is when people misspell "misspell" as "mispell" when they're correcting someone's spelling D:
I am always ever vigilant :D

Haha both my mom and my mom's mom teach English. It's just natural for me to nag about spelling errors.

Alright, alright everyone, settle down.

It is spelled correctly on my tat, I just typed that because it is my name. Carpe Diem was taken.

It's an ambigram too :cool: The tattoo, that is.

It is spelled correctly on my tat, I just typed that because it is my name. Carpe Diem was taken.

I figured it was, but still. I live in Arkansas, and you wouldn't believe (well, maybe you would :rolleyes:) how many people misspell things on their tat. It's ridiculous. :D

Yeah, I can definately believe that. I'm picky about grammer and spelling too.

I have to say it's a bit refreshing to be the one corrected, rather than the one correcting :thumbup:

Narmer was an awesome egyptian dude back in the day. [email protected] was taken when I made my first email address so I added guy to the end. I've used it for everything on the interne since.

Huh, now I'm curious, how exactly do you make carpe diem an ambigram :O

I just like potatoes, what can I say? :rolleyes:

No actually it is a seldom used nickname of mine. If you knew me IRL you would understand....

I just like potatoes, what can I say? :rolleyes:

No actually it is a seldom used nickname of mine. If you knew me IRL you would understand....

You go to UCI don't you?
I love it when they serve tater tots...

Yesss!
I heard they ran out of money :(
There was so much more they could have done with after Augustus becoming Emperor

so sad...

well ther's that new show Spartacus: blood and sand on Starz Network.

it gets pretty good as the show goes a long.

it should really be called spartacus: blood and skin though haha:laugh:

I didn't want to use my AMCAS or something similar to my email because I didn't want to risk an ADCOM or someone else knowing who I am here. So I just picked something with words nearest to my desk. In this case it was my contact brand: "softmed"

mine reflect how i feel about this application process. i jumped about 8 month ago, still falling

What a fun thread!

Mine is initials/nickname - BW'S TW

Long story. 2 years of TFA as a high school science teacher in a predominantly (>95%) Latino neighborhood, starting out speaking limited Spanish...my students used to make fun of my attempts to communicate with their parents. It got around that I loved the local taco trucks, and they used to make fun of my go-to line "yo quiero un taco." One day I was speaking in my broken spanish to a parent, trying to explain what a good student their kid was, and every time I said "Su hijo es un..." one of the boys would jump in and yell "taco!" The poor parent walked away thinking I thought their son was a taco...and suddenly I became known as "Ms. Taco."

And for the record, my spanish improved dramatically from "yo quiero un taco." :)

well ther's that new show Spartacus: blood and sand on Starz Network.

it gets pretty good as the show goes a long.

it should really be called spartacus: blood and skin though haha:laugh:

hey it's HBO/Starz
what would it be without some skin :laugh:

The first three letters of my first name, the first three letters of my last name, and my birthday. I have to make my usernames the same for everything or I will totally forget what they are :)

Mine is Gaelic for "The Fair Land" it is actually Tir Gwyn. It would be like the capital to a particularly beautiful land. Really the "Otherworld" or the land to which this is the reflection of. I may have just given the dorkyest answer.

My username suggests that I have at least once acceptance offer because I will be a doctor for sure :D

My name is Ben, and my little brother couldn't pronounce that for some reason. It always came out as Ben-guh. So I just took it from there when I made my first AOL account 15 years ago, lol.

Mine is the name of Marcus Brody, Marcus Brody.

tompi is the nickname my dad used to call me when I was little….90 = year I was born….best year ever ;).

And timon kicks @ss. enuff said.

Rock Action is the third full-length studio album by Scottish post-rock band Mogwai.