SDN user name - what does your user name mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I was in middle school, I had to do a report on an African country. The country I ended up with was Comoros. My best friend at the time got Seychelles. We both were in the process of setting up our very first email addresses, so we adapted the names of our countries to be more feminine. My sister followed in the trend 10 years later, and took the name of another small island country. I just use the name for things like this. Eventually I'll get some name more grown up than my 6th grade mind could come up with.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is my nickname + my house number. Lame, I know. I'm going to have to donate to SDN soon when I'm ready to move so I can change the numbers, else my old brain won't remember where I live.

Eventually I'll get some name more grown up than my 6th grade mind could come up with.

:laugh: don't feel bad, mine is from a book i liked when i was about eight years old!

. . . it is a classic though

Members don't see this ad :)
The school that I predicted I will attend

I wrote a godawful fantasy a long time ago and my heroine was the Lady of the Lightning and she could throw lightning bolts and was magic and stuff.

Yeah, I know.

I wrote a godawful fantasy a long time ago and my heroine was the Lady of the Lightning and she could throw lightning bolts and was magic and stuff.

Yeah, I know.

Expand on it. It'll likely be better than half the stuff we see on TV nowadays.

Doubt anyone can guess what my screen name means.

I'll give a hint .. Gul is a military rank in a certain sci-fi TV show.

My username should be "Dr. Cecil Jacobson." Unfortunately, it was too long.

Free IVF for the first person to tell me why Dr. Jacobson is so famous.

;)

My username should be "Dr. Cecil Jacobson." Unfortunately, it was too long.

Free IVF for the first person to tell me why Dr. Jacobson is so famous.

;)

Got his patients pregnant using his own sperm. Without their knowledge.

I'll pass on the IVF gift though :p

If I could be any superhero, I'd be Wolverine and he pwns!

Members don't see this ad :)
Caustic was taken, so I went with the greek version.

I originally intended it for the first definition - sounded cool - but I didn't know it would define my sense of humor at times :laugh:

When I was moving into my dorm freshman year one of my soon to be friend's little sisters decided I looked like the disney princess Belle. My friend agreed and she introduced me to half the campus as Belle and the nickname stuck. However, post twilight too many people pronounce it as Bella if you spell it with an e.

For 2 years in college I wanted to do musical theatre and then decided I wanted to be a doctor, so I pulled a total180.

Echolalia refers to the repetitious garble that babies and people with mental disorders blurt out, but more significantly its the name of one of my favorite songs.
16 because that's my number in hockey.

It's the title of a song I like, and the distance between me and medical school.

Mine is after my favorite character from star trek voyager, hence my avatar. It wasn't made because I was some pretentious premed who fancied calling himself a doctor. I wish I had had the foresight to see that coming before I made the name; I should have used Data or Quark or something!! I'm used to having it as my name for a lot of stuff, like xbox live etc, but I felt like a douche picking it out of habit as my user name for stuff on campus, and quickly changed my mind :laugh:

Last edited:
My name is Joshua and I play guitar, I shortened it to Guit.

Kashmir is a country that was once disputed between India and Pakistan, apparently they call it paradise. It's also the name of my favorite Led Zeppelin song (that's how I learned about the country). Whenever I'm stressed out I listen to Kashmir and calm down.

Vie means life in French. At the time I was thinking of C'est la vie when creating my username.

I'm sure kashmirvie doesn't make any sense, but neither do I so it's appropriate.

I do research with Rhesus monkeys. Also I like candy. punny, yes? :nod:

I like to tap dance. I don't know where the number came from though.

I was obviously studying for the MCAT when I came to SDN. And studying ch. 7 in EK physics.

I've noticed many people with science terms/etc. for their user name and I assumed they were MCAT prepping too, when coming here.

I once received an applicaton packet to be a doc for Holland America. Then, a buddy of mine (who had been a cruise doc for another company) told me "yeah, you'll be there on the beach doing CPR with 50 people looking on sipping mai-ti's". (this happened to him)

Maybe some day...

Other than the obvious, Trogdor is my best friend's nickname for me. I don't remember why. I also don't know why I used zeros.

I'm from Cali, and I'm a girl.

I was going for a 'generic' username.

FutureCTDoc, CT is for Connecticut, my home state, not cardio-thoracic surg.

mine is salamander backwards
not sure how it started, but i use it for everything.

Other than the obvious, Trogdor is my best friend's nickname for me. I don't remember why. I also don't know why I used zeros.

trogdor.png

I was just going for a play on words using the letters MD. There are lots of others that I've seen (for example, "MDminded"), and this was the apex of my creativity. :thumbup:

It means bananas. But with a 'z.'

The school I attend, Syracuse University and my birth year, 1989. Couldn't get any more creative than that. :D

Mine was just a phrase I thought sounded cool when I made my XBL gamertag a couple years ago, and I still think it sounds cool.

I always wonder what people that put "premed" in their username are thinking...it becomes a problem if they intend to stick around here once they're in med school or onward...

"thanks" in icelandic

My undergraduate school, and the year I was born.

Lead singer of The Aquabats fictional alias. They're crime fighters.

I just made mine today. It means "health" in Swahili.

Because physics is phun, or rather was phun up until I got into the nitty gritty of quantum mechanics. All downhill from there however. :eek:

Mine refers to my street racing days when I had a giant Tachometer in my car. Once you reached 7.5 X 1000 RPM a giant RED light would illuminate. When I see RED, SHIFT to the next gear.

Racing%20Gauges_5%20Inch%20Tachometer.jpg

It's the name of the health-service club I helped found around the time I joined SDN. I was excited about the club and the screen names I saw before I signed up looked very medical related. In retrospect, I probably would have liked to make my name HumanAfterAll, so I just put that in the tagline area.