Sea Bands

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you ever recommend them?

I have vertigo and started puking this aftenoon. I had a pair in my bathroom that I had bought to give to my mom before a boat trip but she ended up not going. So I put them on and no more nausea. Good stuff. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I always get motion sickness and I cannot go on boats, planes, or long car rides without them!! If I do not have it on, I will definitely get sick.

btw.. what is vertigo?

Members don't see this ad :)
RxGirl said:
I always get motion sickness and I cannot go on boats, planes, or long car rides without them!! If I do not have it on, I will definitely get sick.

btw.. what is vertigo?
Don't listen to ForgetMeNot....

EVERYBODY knows it's a song by U2! Like duh! ;)

This CAM stuff really should be in it's own forum! This is a forum about drugs.. not lack of them :rolleyes:

Your poluting this forum with talk like that.

Never tried Sea Bands. I always recommend meclizine (Bonine/Antivert) for friends and family who have motion sickness in cars, planes, and boats. It always seems to work well for them.

Sosumi said:
Never tried Sea Bands. I always recommend meclizine (Bonine/Antivert) for friends and family who have motion sickness in cars, planes, and boats. It always seems to work well for them.
Agreed. My wife and my mother both respond well to meclizine for vertigo, too.

When I was on a cruise I got very sick..nausea, vertigo, vomiting. I had the sea bands on the whole time, the only thing they did was give me indents in my wrists for 2 days after removing them. I also tried meclizine, threw it right up. The last full day of the cruise I went to the "boat infirmary" and they gave me promethazine. Good old phenergan! Took care of me right away, though I was tired I wasnt throwing up and constantly dizzy, too bad I didnt know they had these on board sooner! :laugh:

I use to get motion sickness... but thanks to DRAMAMINE... i am motion sickness free....!!~* its easy, cheap, and OTC... available in pills and chewable tablets... ORANGE flavor recommended... pop it 1/2 hour before duration and you'll be fine.... ;)

(kaka.. No, I don't work for the DRAMAMINE.. this isn't a ad!) :laugh:

We are not suppose to offer medical advice on this forumn. It is in clear violation of the rules. You better lock up this current thread! Do what has been done on other threads.

groo1515 said:
We are not suppose to offer medical advice on this forumn. It is in clear violation of the rules. You better lock up this current thread! Do what has been done on other threads.
Yeah, I'm afraid I'll have to agree with groo1515 here. They closed the thread with the lovely picture of the strawberry on the woman's thigh, so they should probably close this one, too. Too bad the OP didn't phrase this as a general question. Better report it to bananaface, or one of the other mods. Oh wait! :eek: The OP IS bananaface! :smuggrin:

groo1515 said:
jmhousem said:
Yeah, I'm afraid I'll have to agree with groo1515 here. They closed the thread with the lovely picture of the strawberry on the woman's thigh, so they should probably close this one, too. Too bad the OP didn't phrase this as a general question.
Actually there is a difference between this thread and the other one. So I don't see a reason to close this thread.

rxgal8 said:
Actually there is a difference between this thread and the other one. So I don't see a reason to close this thread.
Yeah, I really don't see a problem with this one. Bananaface wasn't seeking guidance on the condition, just commenting on a possible alternative treatment and asking about others' opinions of it.

I guess this is what happens when you try to make a joke and it flops. :(

jmhousem said:
Yeah, I really don't see a problem with this one. Bananaface wasn't seeking guidance on the condition, just commenting on a possible alternative treatment and asking about others' opinions of it.

I guess this is what happens when you try to make a joke and it flops. :(
oops... :D

I'm not asking for medical advice by any means. I am just commenting of the usefulness of a product that we sometimes recommend. Alot of people are like "Um yeah. It's supposed to work on your pressure points. I'm not sure how good it is. I guess you can try it." Well, I tried it and now I'm more comfortable recommending it to my patients as one potential way to avert nausea.

If other people want to discuss other treatments for nausea, that's fine. It's not going to affect my treatment at all. I already know my options.

ilovelylaydee said:
I use to get motion sickness... but thanks to DRAMAMINE... i am motion sickness free....!!~* its easy, cheap, and OTC... available in pills and chewable tablets... ORANGE flavor recommended... pop it 1/2 hour before duration and you'll be fine.... ;)

(kaka.. No, I don't work for the DRAMAMINE.. this isn't a ad!) :laugh:
There are two Dramamine® formulations that are available. The original is dimenhydrinate. The other "less drowsy" version is meclizine. The Dramamine® chewables contain dimehydrinate.